Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Kahr... Having problems

Spoke to Kahr this morning.
    I don't know who I was speaking to because every time I'd ask he would reply "Kahr Arms how can I help you?" Felt like I was ordering a pizza and he was trying to get me off the phone ASAP. He also stated Kahr would fix the mag catch it but it would take 4-6 weeks. The way he said it was as a deterrent, not as an awesome service they provide their customers. He said the email so fast when I asked for it again he told me it was in the back of my manual. Hopefully he is a smith and not a full time CSR, then again his call times are probably on point.. We all have bad days and I hate dealing with customers too so I'll let all that go. It is a gun manufacturer after all.

Anyway he is going to send me a new mag catch, took my address, and told me to email pictures to service regarding the slide, and hung up.

I emailed the pictures of my slide to service and mentioned my failures to fire without dimple. We will see what they say... I certainly hope they don't offer to send me some sand paper OR send it to them for 4-6 weeks.

Did you get a pizza?????????????????????????

Nothing in Greens' kitchen but a lemon and some salt...

I got an email response from service after sending pictures asking me to submit an RMA online, which I did immediately.
    I followed up because I didn't get any confirmation email or anything, and they said it takes a day to process the RMA... Never in my life have I heard of that but it is out of my control and I don't want to complain too much. Would have certainly been nice to get it out today. I also don't know if they want the whole gun or slide or what, hopefully that is what they are trying to figure out, and the rest of the information will be provided tomorrow.

Not really comfortable sending and receiving complete firearms from my California apartment... Hopefully they can send it to the gun store I bought it from so I can just pick it up there. What a hassle. I really want to submit this CCW application but with a microscopic chance of a serial number change, or not having the firearm for the exam, I don't want to risk it. The process takes forever, and I'm sure the sheriff would understand, but I don't want to draw any additional attention to my application.
    EDIT: Gunshop stated no mater how we slice it - I have to pay $25 and wait 10 days if I have the firearm shipped to them. Maybe they can ship it to my work or something instead.

Hell would probably freeze over before they just cross ship me a slide, but a guy can dream.

There would only be a serial number change if there's a new frame. If it's the repaired gun same serial number there certainly shouldn't be any 25 bucks for sure no 10 day waiting period.

I'm sure they will want the whole gun to make sure everything is proper but doesn't sound like a new frame would be needed.

I'm sorry you live in California. I'd for sure mention your concerns with them prior to shipping. They may be required to return it to the address it was sent from. If such is the case send it from work or someplace where you know someone is around all the time.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Still haven't heard back from Kahr regarding my RMA, I'm just going to let them take their time I guess. I'm going to bring it to my smith in the mean time. I won't have him do anything just yet, but I'd like is professional opinion on the slide, and honestly just to vent and cast some shade on them for selling me a lemon (they are cool guys).

24 hours and still not even a note that they received my RMA. Just... crickets. For that matter how do I know they sent me my mag catch? Wasn't given any confirmation or an email or anything. Maybe I'm so used to modern services like Amazon and Staples where problems are rectified immediately with clear communication and at least a fake sense of responsibility.

California isn't so bad. We have a GDP that rivals most countries, both total and per capita. You'd have to put Texas and New York together to beat us. We have both the number 1 and 2 largest ports in the country. And if you're a law abiding citizen who doesn't live in LA County or Oakland, it isn't THAT hard to get a CCW. Pain in the ass? sure. Worth it? Maybe. California is a powerhouse of a state no doubt, I generally don't mind living here.

I'd like it to become it's own country myself. Make the border wall encompass California.

Get all their senators and congress people out of Washington. Be a good start to draining the swamp. Only good things out of California I can think of are Ronald Reagan, still miss him and my son out of 29 Palms. Oh and get Old Lincoln and his people out. Guess I don't like the idea of someone telling me which guns are ok to buy, what I can drink, what's good for me and what's bad.

All the "Other Gender" mayors and such is kind of a turn off although we got little to talk about, Seattle just had their "Other" mayor resign so guess that's wide spread.

I'd not let them take their time, I'd be emailing and or calling to find out your status. Make sure you didn't fall through the cracks as it were.
    Sqeeky wheel gets the grease.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Eh, States are sovereign and should be free to manage their citizens however the citizens of that state wish. I have zero problem with a city, county, or state making insane laws, that is where ridiculous laws belong. I could leave tomorrow if it really bothered me that much... As far as politicians trying to apply policy to those who are not their immediate constituents... I apologize, we all know that isn't how it was supposed to work.
    I followed up with Kahr, asking if they received my RMA in good order and what the status is. They respond immediately, but with no content. I mean he could put a little emotion into it. Sympathize with the customer, make me feel good about my purchase!

service@kahr.com
    We have received it and you will get an email when it is processed.

I am tempted to call up S&W and say I have a problem with a shield I purchased, just to see how they handle it... I don't think they would be much faster, after all it has only been a few days. But they would be nicer, I'm almost sure of it.

Yeah, if they're going to keep marketing in California, Kahr probably needs to send their crew in for sensitivity training, diversity counseling and political correctness reeducation. Actually making and servicing the guns would be secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Greens View Post
    I followed up with Kahr, asking if they received my RMA in good order and what the status is. They respond immediately, but with no content. I mean he could put a little emotion into it. Sympathize with the customer, make me feel good about my purchase!

service@kahr.com
    We have received it and you will get an email when it is processed.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

I am tempted to call up S&W and say I have a problem with a shield I purchased, just to see how they handle it... I don't think they would be much faster, after all it has only been a few days. But they would be nicer, I'm almost sure of it.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Edited. We don't judge Kahr Arms, or especially it's CEO.
    Sweet tea with the sweetest smiles was kind of charming and I commend you for that sir.

I did get a prepaid overnight fedex priority label via email this morning!
    Ian also included instructions and said the turn around time is about two weeks.
    So I shoved it in a box with a mag, transported it to the Fedex illegally (unlocked, in the cab of my truck ), and sent it off.

I did bring it to the smith to talk shop for a while. Striker assembly was totally clear and clean, but we noticed even more problems with the slide and are thinking it is probably those imperfections causing the trigger to fail to reset.

All I can do now is wait.

I am floored by the moderation. I said nothing but positive things about Kahr and the CEO. I love the fact that Kahr is the pretty much the opposite of mainstream gun culture. You should know I wasn't being negative toward him, so I don't get the moderation. The post about how Kahr isn't PC, sensitive, or diverse enough to deal with California remains... I would imagine that Kahr is one of the most tolerant, accepting manufacturers of firearms on the planet, and that is exactly what my post said.

Kahr Arms is an awesome story about an incredibly bright young immigrant who achieved the american dream. That moderation was unjust, and on top of that the grammar is atrocious. None of us can tell who made the moderation, but if the history of Kahr Arms bothers you, or you're worried that the history of Kahr Arms could deter some potential customers, that is on you... because it is a god damn beautiful story.

We should all judge the companies we choose to do business with, and Kahr Arms passes with flying colors.