Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Kahr... Having problems

The first part of your previous post could be read or interpreted in several different ways. It read more negative to me than positive.
    In reading your last post I obviously didn't read or it wasn't written clearly enough for me to get the correct meaning.

Kahr employees and the owner are an extremely protected species around here and when in doubt we or at least I tend to lean toward over protectiveness.
    There's certainly no shame in the history of Kahr or it's owner. As you say it's a proud amazing story.

Far as atrocious grammar and sucking at moderation, those are both on me. Kind of new at it and really haven't got the hang of it yet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

They have had my gun for two weeks, and as of today... THEY HAVEN'T EVEN LOOKED AT IT YET.
    They won't even look at it until next week.
    I was told in writing that the turn around time was two weeks, but... they haven't even look at it yet...

I have no way of preventing this from becoming 4 weeks, or 5, or 6. I have no recourse. There is nothing I can do.

I also haven't received my "free magazine" which was 4 weeks ago, despite that being quoted as 2-3 weeks. Thats not a big deal... but they approved it immediately, why wait 4 weeks to send it if you approved it day one?

Why overnight my firearm if you're going to sit on it for two weeks? Priority Next Day Air, WTF?! They are literally wasting money with this behavior. It makes no sense, and I have no way out.

How many gunsmiths does Kahr have? How many firearms are being returned?! This is crazy. Never again will I buy a Kahr.

I always thought that turn around time of two weeks meant they will turn around and look at it in two weeks............................................. ........guy sees a sign over a stand........lemonade, all you can drink for a dime. He walks over to the stand and gives a kid a dime and the kid pours him a lemonade. The guy slams it down and says he'll have another. The kid says that will be another dime. The guy says that the sign says all you can drink for a dime. The kid says you had a glass already didn't you. The guy says yes. The kid says that's all you can drink for a dime. I could be right about the turn around time.................................

Overnight shipping is the law, not Kahrs policy.

Looking back this is the one with the rough slide. I think once they look at it, it won't take them long to decide on a new slide, at least I hope that's the case.

Keep us posted next week, hopefully they'll get it early next week.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Overnight shipping is the law, not Kahrs policy.
    Well I hope that isn't true, I just got notification that my firearm is being prepped for shipment.
    And.... its being shipped Via Fedex 2nd day, before 8pm. This is on a Thursday so I'm looking at a 4 day shipping time and should receive it on Monday before 8pm. That is two days in a busy Fedex shipping center god know's where, unmonitored. Just makes me uncomfortable.

As if that wasn't lame enough, they used the wrong address.
    They asked me multiple times for a return address, and I gave it to them multiple times. I even wrote it in sharpie on the box interior, I wrote it in big bold letters on the sheet describing the problems, as requested. And STILL they sent it to the billing address on my Kahr account.

Absolutely insane.

I brought up the address problem so we will see.

I don't get it. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Ya should've bought a K9, lol JK.

Be patient, Kahr will take care of you eventually & have your CW9 back in your hot little hands in no time... if it makes you feel better I sent my M&P 9 to S&W's performance center for some minor work & the turn around time was almost 4 months... Back on topic... I've been shooting for almost 40 yrs. Every firearm I purchased I've taken them apart, inspected, cleaned & lubed before taking the first shot at the range. It is not uncommon among new firearms to find burrs, rough edges or looking like it was previously fired. When I first took my CM9 apart, some of the edges on the slide were sharp enough to slice bread, My K9 had a few burrs and the trigger bar had a burr that was noticeably felt when pulling the trigger. My CW40 had some fine plastic shavings, so what? It wasn't a big deal to me because I calmly pulled out my deburring tool and took care of some of the rough spots. took my wife's nail file and knocked down a few sharp edges. That is part of the bonding process with my new "buddy". Now all of my Kahr pistols are smooth as silk. Kahr in my opinion makes a really good carry gun that gets better as you shoot them, be patient.

My PM9 was rough, yours is worse. I just took a file to mine and knocked off any high metal.

The Kahr trigger is probably the smoothest striker fired trigger out there, it shouldn't be rubbing anything. I agree it needs to be sent back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro