Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: Monumental screw up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You know if the Russians can have a monument to Kaladhnikov I think we need a John Moses Browning monument in Washington.

What do y'all think?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    You know if the Russians can have a monument to Kaladhnikov I think we need a John Moses Browning monument in Washington.

What do y'all think?
    As long as he didn't live south of the Mason Dixon line.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Dumb as dirt in Russia.

You can't fix STUPID!!!!!

A little something I did not know.

Robert E Lee

Your history lesson for the day.

Robert E Lee was married to George Washington's granddaughter. He worked with Grant during the Mexican-American war and became a decorated war hero defending this country He believed slavery was a great evil and his wife broke the law by teaching slaves to read and write. After the civil war he worked with Andrew Johnson's program of reconstruction. He became very popular with the northern states and the Barracks at West Point were named in his honor in 1962. He was a great man who served this country his entire life in some form or other. His memorial is now being called a blight. No American military veteran should be treated as such. People keep yelling, "You can't change history." Sadly you can. This is no better than book burnings. ISIS tried rewriting history by destroying historical artifacts. Is that really who we want to emulate?

As they tear down this "blight" keep these few historical facts in your mind. No military veteran and highly decorated war hero should ever be treated as such. This is not Iraq and that is not a statue of Sadam.

IN ADDITION: Lee was also very torn about the prospect of the South leaving the Union. His wife’s grandfather George Washington was a huge influence on him. He believed that ultimately, states’ rights trumped the federal government and chose to lead the Southern army. His estate, Arlington, near Washington DC was his home and while away fighting the war, the federal government demanded that Lee himself pay his taxes in person. He sent his wife but the money was not accepted from a woman. When he could not pay the taxes, the government began burying dead Union soldiers on his land. The government is still burying people there today. It is now called Arlington National Cemetery. DO THEY WANT TO TEAR THAT UP ALSO??
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Your history lesson for the day.
    The painful discipline they [black slaves] are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence.
    -Robert E. Lee

According to Lee, hit was necessary to inflict pain and subjugation onto the Black people as a means of indoctrinating and instructing them into behaving as their White masters saw fit.

There is no denying that Lee's beliefs were racist. Many modern Americans argue that Lee's good deeds overshadow his bad. Other's argue that some atrocities cannot be overlooked, just as we cannot deny that Stalin helped industrialize the USSR or Hitler helped advance science for all mankind.

Do you think these idiots understand the one clear truth about their "tear them all down" actions?

If the statues and monuments to the southern heroes can be torn down today, the monuments to their own heroes can be torn down too someday...

The angry voices of todays crowd have shown the way its done and it will, someday, be used against what the "confederate haters" are so proud of today. That's just what will happen.

History is history, and what the young learn about history is all they'll ever know about it.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!