Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping alternative for CW380 recoil springs?

Looking on Kahr's website, the springs for both the CW380 and P380 have the same part numbers.

I have a set of inner/outer springs that I bought while visiting Kahr here in PA, but haven't used them yet. My first CW380 is at 1500 rounds, and I haven't seen any indications that I need to install the new ones.

I'm gonna try to make it to 2000 rounds on the original springs, but if I notice any difference in performance, the new ones are ready to go in. Fortunately, I have a second CW380 to use as a baseline for comparison, and that one only has 500 rounds through it. Both guns feel identical in every way so far.

Until I get to 2000 rounds, change the springs, and test #1 for reliability with the new springs, I'm carrying CW380 #2. Unless the recoil springs degrade in a hurry, 2000 rounds is looking pretty good. If I only had one CW380, I'd just put the new springs in and be done with it. Ten bucks is pretty cheap insurance, IMO.

Finally got it together. I had forgotten just how tight/strong those new springs are - wow! There was a BIG difference between the old and the new on mine. I haven't kept up with the exact number of rounds I've put through it over the past three years, but I would think it would easily be at least 2,000+ It had gotten to where it rarely was returning to battery between shots. Also, the slide had become so easy to rack that when the gun was unloaded and I slowly pulled the trigger, the slide would inch back just a touch before 'firing.' There's no movement at all when doing the same with the new springs and the slide is significantly stiffer and harder to rack - exactly like it was when I first purchased the pistol. I'm looking forward to trying it out at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by RWW84 View Post
    Quick follow-up: are the recoil springs for the P380 and CW380 the same? I only found the ones for the P380 and I'm having a hard time getting everything back together on my CW380 - the new springs are TIGHT!
    Yes they're the same. And yes they are an absolute bear to install when new out of the package. Last time I did it I was cussing and fussing for nearly a half hour before I finally got the pistol assembled.