Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: My new-to-me CW380

Default My new-to-me CW380

Got my gently used CW380 yesterday, and so far I'm very impressed with it. This is my first Kahr, and I bought it from a long-time member at the Seecamp forum. He broke it in 3-years-ago with a little over 200 rounds, and reportedly had zero malfunctions. Since he bought it as a backup for his P380, he cleaned it up, put it in his safe and never fired it again. He did send it to Kahr to have night sights installed, and included an extra mag in the deal.

Everything I've heard about the Kahr trigger is true...it's simply superb, IMO. The tolerances seem to be extremely tight, and I'm assuming that cleaning and proper lubrication will be more important than on a Glock. The only thing that could possibly be construed as a negative is the slide is somewhat hard to rack, but my old hands had no trouble doing so.

Took it out in my back yard with a water-filled metal coffee can yesterday afternoon, and put it through its paces. 14 rounds of American Eagle 95gr FMJ, 12 rounds of Hornady American Gunner 90gr XTP and 6 rounds of Ruger 56gr ARX (that I'd forgotten I had). All functioned perfectly, and I had zero malfunctions. I was so amazed at the accuracy of this little thing that I moved back to 15-yards or so, and was still hitting the can easily. I would have put some more rounds through it, but it was just too damned hot out there...maybe more early this morning. One thing I noticed that was somewhat surprising was the Ruger ARX seemed to hit much harder than the others, and really sent the big can flying. Recoil was a little less too, but not remarkably so.

I've been searching for the perfect pocket .380, and this may be it. I owned a Beretta Pico for a while, but never could get used to the grip. I pocket carry my Remington RM380 frequently, but it's just a little bigger and heavier than I like. Of course my Seecamp .32 is a fantastic pocket gun, but I just feel better with a .380.

After I put some more rounds through it (assuming no malfunctions), the CW380 will be my new EDC.

Glad to hear the first outing was so good!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

A Lakeline striker is a good idea since the OEM ones tend to break. Never any problems reported with the Lakelines. Mag guts are also a very good and popular upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    A Lakeline striker is a good idea since the OEM ones tend to break. Never any problems reported with the Lakelines. Mag guts are also a very good and popular upgrade.
    Thanks. I've been giving the striker upgrade some thought, but for now I think I'll leave the mags alone.

It will quickly become your favorite

Quote Originally Posted by linksrds View Post
    It will quickly become your favorite
    It already has become my favorite.
    Last edited by gale155; 07-19-2018 at 06:29 PM.