Hello all,

I'm new to Kahr pistols and this is my second after buying a CW380 a few weeks ago. I've found tons of great info here and am happy to report that gun is now 100% with a little TLC and range time.

Unfortunately my experience with the CM9 has been a bit more troublesome.

I picked up this gun from my FFL/Range this week and put 60rds through it on the spot.

The first 6rds were perfect and from there I experienced a strange failure to return to battery in about 90% of my shots. I could not get another full magazine to run without this stoppage (6rd magazine and 7rd extended regardless).

Essentially while returning to battery the slide would stop about halfway.

I could overcome this by smacking the slide a bit and it returned to battery.

Initial loading was done by releasing the slide stop (as prescribed in manual) and it would also stop at this same halfway point about 50% of the time.

Ammo used was Blazer Brass 115gr as well as Hornady Critical Defense 115gr. I found the same behavior with both rounds even though the have varying OALs.

I got the gun home expecting to find an issue perhaps with the recoil spring or guide rod being out of alignment.

Breaking the gun down however I did not find that to be the problem and instead found a few things on my barrel that seemed out of the norm.

I've linked below to pictures, however I can explain that the barrel hood appears to have a shelf on the top front that does not look to be symmetrical and has a jagged edge I noticed as my cleaning cloth was ripped a bit when wiping it down.

The back right edge on the top of the hood also has gouges that are quite sharp as well as the bottom of the feed ramp.

I noticed these spots were shiny and seemed to be interfacing with the slide at these points.

Here's another thing to note; I reassembled/disassembled the gun a number of times and found that this behavior still occurs when racking the slide by hand (no magazine inserted). I am able to get it to close back into battery by pulling the slide rearward a few times and it feels like it's jumping a ledge when it returns to battery.

TL;DR
Slide is getting stuck halfway when returning to battery. Does this barrel appear to be in spec, or is this perhaps a known behavior I've yet to successfully locate in my forum searches?

Imgur gallery:

https://imgur.com/a/unTyu

I really appreciate the time and support. If nothing else I'll feel better getting in touch with Kahr for repair knowing I have more than just my own limited knowledge opinion.

Thanks y'all!