Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM9 Slide disassembly: Do it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by antifa View Post
    One more question...
    So many different opinions out there on solvents for cleaning. Setting aside the plastic frame, if I want to remove every trace of oil, grease, etc from the metal, what do you recommend ?
    Do you follow Arizona Antifa (spoof account) on FB? They're hilarious

I don't. I can imagine!
    I barely have time to follow what my local friends are up to.

Why I CCW, 24/7.
    (Per expectations of the Moderators, I'd prefer that we keep politics in its right place - outside of this forum.)

I use Hopes and flush it clean with QD Electronics cleaner. Four dollars a can at Walmart and plastic safe.

Why I CCW, 24/7.
    (Per expectations of the Moderators, I'd prefer that we keep politics in its right place - outside of this forum.)
    This EXACTLY! Never heard of them myself and prefer to keep it that way.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I just did a slide disassembly. It went fine. The gun has around 500 rounds and the firing channel was relatively clean (some brass chips, but very minor). I used some q tips followed by compressed air to clean the firing channel but didn't use any solvent or oil (should I?). The dirtiest part was the extractor. The disassembly is harder than the Glock, but much easier than the Sig P226. I've watched some videos on the slide disassembly of the P226, and I think I'll send mine to Sig when time comes.
    Last edited by kevin1; 10-11-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Most recommend leaving the striker channel dry. If needed you can use solvent to clean but then use the Q tip and air to clean it all out. I do the same with oil. I oil it but then I remove as much as I can so it's just barely coated. Theory being solvent or oil would attract junk.

If you didn't I don't think it would be worth the effort to take it apart and do so until the next time you decide to clean it. I go a long ways between cleanings myself and never found I was being neglectful. Could vary I guess from gun to gun.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Why I CCW, 24/7.
    The moderators have an obligation to moderate the comments of domestic terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    This EXACTLY! Never heard of them myself and prefer to keep it that way.
    ANTIFA is a domestic terrorist organization and they don't belong here. They've been very violent. Don't help them

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Most recommend leaving the striker channel dry. If needed you can use solvent to clean but then use the Q tip and air to clean it all out. I do the same with oil. I oil it but then I remove as much as I can so it's just barely coated. Theory being solvent or oil would attract junk.
    In the old days, I never worried about striker channels. You can barf in the Glock slide, and it will still fire. Mine's been black and goopy, without problems. Then I got a Kimber, and one drop of oil in an otherwise spotless striker channel would destroy reliability. I haven't experimented with Kahr's, but nowadays I keep everything dry, but I'll rub the striker between my fingers (which have been handling other parts that have been oiled), and call it good. A drop of oil might be ok, but I can't risk it.