Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PM9 DLC Night Sights.

Default New PM9 DLC Night Sights.

I've owned several pistols to include Kahr's over the years. My Kahrs consisted of the budget series cw45, cw380 and cm9. I've always wanted a black pm9 and every time I'd see a picture of one I'd think to myself, "Wow that's a beautiful gun".

Last week I decided to go out and get what exactly I wanted and picked up this pm9 DLC with Trijicon night sights. Yesterday, I took it apart and cleaned and lubed it. I racked the slide several hundred times and left it in the safe with the slide locked back to the rear. Today, I'm heading to the range to put 200 rounds through it. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kahr Pm9 DLC
    Sig p320
    S&w 642
    S&w model 64-1

You are right...that thing is pretty, looking forward to hearing about your range trip

Sweet looking piece, keep us updated on the range trip!
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

That's gorgeous but I don't think that shells gonna chamber. Overall length is too long and it looks kind of fat. Just sayin.

I'm so happy you got exactly what you want, hope it runs like eggs through a hen for ya.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's gorgeous but I don't think that shells gonna chamber. Overall length is too long and it looks kind of fat. Just sayin.

I'm so happy you got exactly what you want, hope it runs like eggs through a hen for ya.

That shell is an old 12 ga that is made out of paper and wax. They don't make them like that anymore.

I only had one malfunction but it was user induced. The slide didn't lock back on the last round once but it was from me resting my thumb on the slide. Other then that all 250 rounds went flawlessly. I forgot how accurate these little guns are. I even shot 50 rounds from 25 yards away and was surprised that all shots made it in the silhouette. I usually have a couple flyers with my glock 17 at the distance.

All and all I'm happy with the pm9. I could have purchased another cm9 to replace the one I sold and I would have been happy. But sometimes you just gotta get what you really want and this was it.

This gun is actually replacing my pc shield. The shield was a good gun but too big for what it was and I could carry a glock 19 instead. Also the polymer would get very hot on the shield after firing only 100 rds. It got so bad that I would have to move my thumb away while shooting, which made for no fun. While shooting the Kahr, I noticed no heat and it was comfortable to shoot. The only pain I had was from reloading so many mags.
    Kahr Pm9 DLC
    Sig p320
    S&w 642
    S&w model 64-1

Outstanding report. Tickled it ran so well for you. And thanks for the info on the Shield, I been debating one myself, think I'll hold on that one.

I have some of those old paper and wax shotgun shells in my cartridge collection. Actually think I have a whole box of them. I love old stuff.

I have a few of the old all brass supposedly reloadable shot shells too. Pretty cool.

They don't make much of anything like they used to. In some cases that's a good thing, in others not so much.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It is a fine looking firearm. Was surprised about the heat issue with the Shield. My M&P has never had that issue, and I actually prefer it over the Shield.

Good looking piece. I've always preferred black over stainless slides on Kahrs, even though I have stainless Cm9 and CW45. But if I ever decide to take the plunge on a PM45 it will most definitely be black - because Black Slides Matter!

I am a DLC man myself, have an old style PM9 and a newer PM45 both in DLC. I don't want anything shiny on my concealed firearm. I can say that so far the DLC coating has been very durable. I pocket carry my PM9 all day everyday in a leather holster from Winthrop holsters. It gets a lot of rubbing action as I move through out the day, but all I every see is LINT, no wear.

Plus, I'm a gun snob, I believe the premium models see more attention at the factory, and are less likely to have issues. I personally have never had an issue with a premium model, but have had issues with a CW. Maybe just bad luck, but it;s my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
    NRA Benefactor

Beautiful gun! Now stick a Talon Grip on it and it'll be perfect!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk