Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Kahr MK9!

Aww man, that's bad! Take a hundred bucks for it?

Ok, Ok, bet not. If it were mine, I'd break out my fine file and just smooth that out, maybe do the same on the other side so it matches.

Lots of metal there, won't hurt anything, no worries.. must have got dropped, almost looks like hacksaw teeth marks or a course file or something.

100 bucks stands and I'll go up a bit is one of these other rascals tried to undercut me....

Whats the serial number prefix out of curiosity. Wondering if it's an early model or late. I might go 150 if it's late, naw, 125.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default First Kahr MK9!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Aww man, that's bad! Take a hundred bucks for it?

Ok, Ok, bet not. If it were mine, I'd break out my fine file and just smooth that out, maybe do the same on the other side so it matches.

Lots of metal there, won't hurt anything, no worries.. must have got dropped, almost looks like hacksaw teeth marks or a course file or something.

100 bucks stands and I'll go up a bit is one of these other rascals tried to undercut me....
    Haha aww man, don’t make me feel worse about it!!

All kidding aside, it’s a LOT smaller than the photo makes it appear, I tried to magnify the image so you guys/gals could get a better view.

I don’t have a file, but some sandpaper for sheet metal and auto body work, think that’ll do the trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bawanna; 10-04-2017 at 10:11 PM.

That is bad but it is a newer model, I'd go 130 bucks including shipping.

You should edit that and remove or cover the serial number. Not a good idea to share that.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That is bad but it is a newer model, I'd go 130 bucks including shipping.

You should edit that and remove or cover the serial number. Not a good idea to share that.
    Thanks for the heads up, I removed the photo!

I wouldn’t sell it though!! Lol I LOVE the gun. I’d rather pay to get it either repaired, or live with it knowing it will be my daily carry until I decide to get something different in the far future.

Sheesh, scared me. You didn't show being on line. I tried to copy the picture and block it out. Couldn't open it, never heard of a heic file???

Anyhow I come back and it's gone, what did I do!!!!!!

You can just take it to paint or someplace and white it out and repost it. I wish I knew how to do arrows and pictures and stuff like Greg does.
    I'm just a displaced Missouri dirt farmer way behind in the technology department.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Sheesh, scared me. You didn't show being on line. I tried to copy the picture and block it out. Couldn't open it, never heard of a heic file???

Anyhow I come back and it's gone, what did I do!!!!!!

You can just take it to paint or someplace and white it out and repost it. I wish I knew how to do arrows and pictures and stuff like Greg does.
    I'm just a displaced Missouri dirt farmer way behind in the technology department.
    I didn’t even think twice about the serial number! So I really appreciate the heads up to someone new on the forums, like myself.

I’ll repost another photo once I get a chance to edit the serial number out of it and go from there.

Thanks for your help on this topic! I couldn’t tell if the mark was even worth freaking out about or not, and seems like it is. Oh well, looks like I have some thinking to do regarding the mark!

I usually just stick a little piece of painters tape over the serial when I take a picture. (if I remember that is). Some far more talented than I blot it out on the crystal ball somehow. Again it's pretty dark in my harbor at night, not the brightest light and all.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Hmmm. I can see how doing something about that might give you pause. If you knock it down it won't match the contour of the rest of the area.

Me? I'd slowly go after it with fine Emory cloth. Just enough to knock down the roughness.

Either way, it wouldn't get in the way of me enjoying an otherwise beautiful pistol.

Unless I had purchased it brand new, that little ding wouldn't bother me. If it felt rough when shooting, I'd probably smooth it out a bit just for the feel, but if it was only visual, I doubt I'd bother. My MK9 also has wood grips and it's a great looking pistol, but in the end, it's just a tool for shooting.