Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loving My New CM9

Default Loving My New CM9

Hey All,

Just picked up a new CM9, complete with two mags and belt slide hosler for $299 from one of the online places (and, since I purchased it in Sept I'll get the free 3rd mag from Kahr). Anyway, took this to the range Saturday. Didn't run a ton of ammo through it, maybe 50 rounds, but am extremely pleased with this pistol. I love the trigger, never owned a Kahr before and the smooth trigger feels like the DA pull on my old S&W's. Love the size too, didn't dig into my side in the holster like my old Beretta Nano did.

I'm pretty much enamored with this CM9 now and may pick up a larger Kahr somtime in the future. I'm a long time firearm owner, have several handguns, and do a lot of reloading and I can say this little Kahr is a pretty neat machine.

Question: can the CM9 handle +P+ or is that too hot? Saw some Winchester 115 gr Hi-Shock +P+ ammo on sale and was thinking of picking some up, but don't want to if it's too hot for the little CM9.

Thanks!

Congrats on the CM9. Great price too, I paid $335 for mine 5 weeks ago. The Kahr is rated for +p...not +p+ ammo. I also use Winchester NATO in mine and it is very accurate with it.

Welcome aboard Martowski, good price on the CM9. There's definitely something unique about the Kahr's that seem to draw ya in lol.

Just to reiterate what mark7 said that +P = good to go and +P+ = no go. I have been a long time user of "hyper ammos" like critical defense, golden sabers, gold dots, corbon, ect. but I've been watching some test videos done by a guy out in pacific northwest on you tube named Paul Harrell and it is making me rethink spending the extra money on these expensive hollow points. His videos are really good. Production value isn't the best but content far surpasses most "gun reviewers"
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Congrats on a great little carry pistol; love mine. Also, Paul Harrell does a good job with his vids. I agree with much of what he says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. I'll stay away from the +P+ stuff then!

I use to be all about +p ammo and my PD issues it to use for our duty weapons l. For my personal guns I've switch to Federal HST 124 standard pressure. It measures very close to +p ammo without the added recoil and wear to your gun.
    Kahr Pm9 DLC
    Sig p320
    S&w 642
    S&w model 64-1

Thank you, I will look for that load.

I second the standard pressure 124gr hst. Great performance and you can train with 124gr fmj for a nearly identical recoil impulse.

Well, I just placed an order for a few boxes of 124gr hst (standard pressure). I need to get some more ball ammo through the Kahr to break the pistol in, and will run some of the hst through it as well before carrying. Found this stuff for less than $20/box of 50, which seemed like a pretty decent deal.

I use the Federal HST 147 grain loads in my CM9 and PM9. Have never had any problems with this ammunition.