Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping alternative for CW380 recoil springs?

Default Shopping alternative for CW380 recoil springs?

I need to purchase some replacement recoil springs for my CW380. I realize that I can purchase them from Kahr for only $4.50 a piece, but the cheapest shipping (ground) option is a whopping $15.64! Does anyone know if there are any other more reasonable alternatives? Thanks

You might check Wolff, I don't know if they offer them on their own sight or not, and I don't know what they charge for shipping.

They made the springs so they might offer them. Some they do, some they don't.

Shipping cost these days are often times a deal breaker. I always ask around at work when placing orders just about any place to see if anybody needs anything so we can share the shipping cost.

I even check Amazon now days when I want stuff from my favorite store Brownells. Sometimes they have the same stuff from Brownells with free shipping.

Brownells offers free or reduced shipping frequently these days, I watch for those days too.

Guess I'm getting cheap on the down hill slope.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

E Bay, offers some great deals. . Kahr shipping charges are ridiculous.

Midway usually sells them. That's where I've been buying mine from. Since I seem to be going through them every 500 rounds or so I've been buying them in sets of 3 at a time.

Are you getting failures at the 500 round mark? Haven't heard of them needing them that often.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

After about 500 rounds the springs are so weak the slide becomes easy to retract and it won't close completely if I let it down slowly. When they're fresh and new the slide snaps home with authority. Also the ejection becomes quite forceful, telling me it's time to replace the springs (yet) again. Somebody once told me you can buy extra-power recoil springs from Kahr but I've never seen them listed on their website.

Found them on Midway's website - shipping was just $4.99 - done! Thanks for the recommendations!

dsk, while I don't have a CW380, my CM9 has 6500+ rounds on the original recoil spring assembly and still going strong; are you shooting +P to get only 500 rnds. per spring?

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

I'm running standard ammo... PMC, Herters, Federal FMJ. I've simply had a hell of a time getting springs to last in this gun. Fortunately they're cheap and easy to find.

Quick follow-up: are the recoil springs for the P380 and CW380 the same? I only found the ones for the P380 and I'm having a hard time getting everything back together on my CW380 - the new springs are TIGHT!