Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: Different wood grips for an MK9

Default Different wood grips for an MK9

I have seen pictures of an MK9 with wood grips that aren't the same as the Hogues Kahr sells.They looked like the plastic grips, but were a dark wood and had the Kahr logo engraved in them.

Haven't seen the grips for sale anywhere.

Any idea who made these?

could you post a picture, Id really like to see em. They sound cool. I really like the wood grips on the MK9 but wish they didn't add so much width.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Not sure why they make the so thick. The mounting screws are recessed quite a bit. I've slimmed down many of them.
    I don't know exactly how much but I'm pretty sure they can be thinned at least a 1/4" which is considerable.

As long as the screws are flush or even a tad high they are good to go. The weak link is the top and they put a metal piece there to add strength. That part is usually thin already.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Mike - pretty sure Hogue made those for Kahr as well. I'll check next time I'm at the Mother ship.

I like the checkering on the back strap on the ones I've seen pictures of as well.

I've seen used ones that were beat up, but if I ever stumble across a set of minty ones, I'll grab 'em fer sure.

Wow those really are much nicer looking than the ones they are selling now.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."