Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: My "Improved Trigger" K9 Shoots Great!

Default My "Improved Trigger" K9 Shoots Great!

I had always wanted a Kahr K9 -- see my older/recent posts -- but now that I've "improved" it by removing the longer NYPD trigger pull, I'm loving it SO much more!

I'd actually shot this with a Pachmyer rubber grip sleeve on the grip frame before, but I've since removed that and moved it over to my smaller CW380 -- where it seems to work quite well; it adds a slight palm swell on the right side, and a finger groove to help with the 2-finger grip on the small frame. Now I'm liking the K9 grip just as it comes from the factory... But with the improved trigger -- it's a BLAST to shoot! And very accurate too!

Some guys name all their guns, but I've only named one so far -- a 13.5 pound 45-70 Schuetzen Rolling Block that I called "The Beast".

Since this is a "K9" -- if I had to name it, I'd call it my "Little Guard Dog"... Smaller in size, but watch out for its bite!!

Tight groups.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I'd love to see some pictures of "The Beast". Made my britches stick out just reading the description.

Glad the trigger job was a success.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'd love to see some pictures of "The Beast". Made my britches stick out just reading the description...
    Well, since you put it that way... Here you go!!!

32" barrel, just as I got her...

Here are her metal parts (and a smaller No 4 22), all prepped for case color by Lee Shaver Gunsmithing:

Here she is "in living color" with a Lee Shaver Economy Soule Sight added:

I also added the palm rest plate and "Woman's T*t" palm rest (that's what my late father would call it) -- to help "Tame The Beast!"

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

That is drop dead gorgeous. I held some similar when I was at the now defunct Ballard Rifle Company in Cody, it was an incredible experience.

I love that. Bet she does belt you a bit.

My son has a Pedersoli that I've shot. There's not question when it goes off, it lets you know, but it's a hoot to shoot and amazingly accurate too.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wow, that is plum purdy.
    NRA Benefactor

Imagine I'd have to save for quite a spell just to buy the tang sight. Been hoping to get my own Pedersoli Sharps replica like my sons but it's far in the future, maybe further in the future than me.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

32 inch barrel, talk about reaching out and touching something lol.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Nice work on and shooting with the Little Guard Dog.
    I agree with the others that the big bore rolling block is a beaut, but I want to see the No. 4 as well!
    Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by gb6491; 10-13-2017 at 10:44 PM.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>