Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace

Thread: CM45/PM45 Mag Options??? ...and Opinions??? ...metal plate???

Default CM45/PM45 Mag Options??? ...and Opinions??? ...metal plate???

First post here, has I am the new owner of my first Kahr, a CM45 in Tungsten. I love the pistol and despite its small size, it is incredibly accurate.

I have one complaint...... I hate the base plate on the magazine. The "lip" is sharp and uncomfortable in my big hands. And....it seems fragile and would crack, snap or chip if the pistol or mag were dropped.

The other models offer a flat, metal replacement (380, 9 and 40), but I cannot find such a replacement plate for any of the 45's.

Does anyone have any info that can help me? Will Kahr eventually make the metal plate for the 45's? Is there a 3rd party mfg that sells something?

I'm thinking of buying the K625G, extended mag, just for work on the range...... but that flat, flush metal plate would be much preferred for Concealed Carry.

Thanks,

Big_John

Some people have modified 1911 mags for use in Kahr 45s. That might open up options

Some have also filed off the front lip on the Tupperware base plate. Kind of round and smooth a bit.

Seems like there is a metal base plate but I don't have anything to back that up with.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think I will communicate with Kahr.... and request. If many are requesting it, directly to Kahr..... maybe they will produce and offer it.

I have 2 pm45's, same size as cm45, and consider them the best small 45 acp carry pistol made. One I've carried for more than 7 years and 10,000+ rounds. I sand off that finger nail lip on the plastic base. For the last couple years I carry with the 6 round extended grip mag. Just a bit more to grab "upon presentation".