Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Holster belts.....

Default Holster belts.....

Using a good quality holster belt can really make a big difference in comfort and performance of your carry rig.

Over the years, I've used everything from department store belts to duty style gun belts. Some department store belts did OK for light duty use, but they never seem to last for me. If I get a year out of one, I'm lucky, and it's tough to find one stiff enough to perform well with an OWB holster and a heavier firearm.

One of my favorite belts is a Wilderness 5 stitch instructor belt, and I use it the most for IWB, OWB, and even pocket carry, as it does a good job supporting the weight without sagging, is comfortable, and holds up well. I do prefer a good leather gun belt for leather holsters though - just seems to match up better for me. I'm weird like that...

I've got several purpose built leather gun belts, with a Mitch Rosen belt being my favorite. It's stiff enough to not sag, and built well enough to last. It does have one shortcoming though - adjustability. Having holes an inch apart sometimes results in not enough adjustability for a perfect fit. Rather than punch additional holes in an expensive belt, I looked for an alternative. Something infinitely adjustable, kind of like my Wilderness 5 stitch belt. That thing is always comfortable, and so easy to adjust after a big meal, or when sitting in my truck - but in leather.

My solution? The Kore Trackline reinforced gun belt.

https://www.koreessentials.com/

Anybody try one of these, and what do you think of it after extended use?

I got interested in this style of belt after picking up a cheap "Comfort Click" dress belt. It was $20 at Target, and it really works great! It's not suitable for EDC use as it's too thin and not rigid enough to carry a holstered weapon. Enter the Kore reinforced gun belt. It's 1.5 " wide, and is reinforced with a kydex core. It's supposed to support 4 lbs of carry rig without sagging - and it does. It's quickly and easily adjustable in 1/4" increments. Seems like a perfect solution so far for my EDC needs. We'll see how it holds up, but it has a one year guarantee...

Thoughts?

One of the detectives at work got one of these a couple months back. It looks good and very practical. He likes it.
    I plan to get one sometime soon myself.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'll stick with my Wilderness.......................been using one for years. I use kydex OWB holsters and it just works. Carry a few different firearms with it. I haven't found anything better yet. I have seen the Kore before. Nice looking but I don't play dress up.

I have one and love it, but I haven't had it long enough to comment on longevity.

I've carried with mine for a little over a year, now. AIWB at 12:15. It's holding up great.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Those click belts look really neat, been thinking of picking one up as would make it easier to fit between IWB OWB Pocket carry ect.

I've been using a BigFoot gun belt with steel core for about 6 months now. The quality is excellent and customer service is top notch.

http://gunbelts.com

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

The convict and I have had Kore belts for almost 2 months and we are very happy with them.
    The 1/4" adjustments make it an extremely comfortable belt.
    I'm not sure it will carry 4 pounds of gear because even though it's reinforced it's pretty thin. I'll have to carry my cz sp 01 tactical, and two mags. to "really" test it out.

If the "regular buckle" looking one came in real brass, I might try one with a brown belt. I like the natural brown leather and Kydex-reinforcement, as in my Looper belts. I bought several... had 4, but sold the larger ones. I have two 34" ones and the 36" for a backup... in case the 34's get too tight again. I sold my 38" and I also had a 32" that I sold new without use... 32" just ain't happening. Oh, I got all of mine at the old pricing of about $50 at Kahr.com. The prices went up to $80 at Looper! There's been no sagging or stretching, but they do show a bit of wear at the area of the holes and where I clip my MiniTuck on. I wear long Tees or Polos, though, to hide everything... mostly oversized Duluth Polos and Tees.
    A good gun belt can give you more confidence in CCW... keeps everything in place.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".