Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun

Thread: Picked up a new CT45....

Default Picked up a new CT45....

...I did have a CW45 but its size made it difficult to shoot. Mainly due to my where my thumbs ride as I have large hands. I was getting FTF's, a lot so I took it to my LGS and they put 50 rounds of FMJ and JHP through it, as fast as they could. Not one failure and as I watched, they had the proper grip, smaller hands. In the end, it was shooter error, not firearm error.

So, now I have a CT45, better size for me. Now I own many handguns, multiple Glocks, Sigs, HK, M&P, etc but other than my Sig 220, HK USP 45CT and my SA 1911 TRP and now my CT45. I wanted a single stacked 45 ACP and though there are many options and I've had a few in the past....a Glock 36 and XDs in both 3.3 and 4.0 in 45 ACP. The XDs 4.0 was probably my favorite of those but didn't work out in the end. For whatever reason, I love the Kahr trigger, normally not into DAO but I do love the glass smoothness of the Kahr. My primary carry rotates between my G19 (Gen 3,4 and 5), the CZ P10C and the new M&P 2.0 Compact but sometimes, I just need to dress for and carry a single stacked 45.

So, I have 300 rounds for the CT's break in, 200 rounds of FMJ and 100 rounds of JHP. I have two more mags on the way though it seems none of my 1911 mags are fitting as the base plates keep them from fitting. So here's to not screwing it up at the range

My CT45

vs my CW45, which I have a buyer for.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YgRkXn]

Congrats on acquiring a CT45
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Congrats on the new firearm! Have fun at the range!
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Okay, good and bad folks. The CT45 broke in quite nicely, I fired 270 rounds today, one 7 round magazine lol I had maybe, 8-10 FTF's total and several times, slide would fail to lock open, which I attribute to my thumb. I shot 100 rounds of WWB 230 FMJ, 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 200+p JHP, 40 rounds of Hornady 230+p JHP, 40 rounds of Federal HST 230gr and 40 rounds of Barnes TAC-XTP 185+p JHP. Of my last 100 rounds, only 1 FTF which may have been limp wristing as my hand was tired. The majority of the FTF were in the first 150 rounds. Good break in, just waiting on some extra mags.

Now, the problem is this, the slide won't come off the frame. Yes, I have researched all the little techniques, like turning it upside down, etc and nothing works. I had this issue with a CZ P10C but the fix was easy enough. So, any suggestions?

Put the pin back-in and start over. Use some cleaner spray (with straw) and spray liberally before disassembly. A one-time use CLP, if it's possible you have any. If no cleaner or CLP with straw, use gun oil - even garage use-oil with it's straw. Work the slide several times before next attempt at full disassembly.

I love my CT45. I put an inside-out, cut-to-fit bicycle tube over the grip and no chance at hand-slips anymore. Gonna' order another factory magazine for it next. Got my Clinger Stingray IWB holster for it and I highly recommend it for this sized pistol.

That's all I've done with mine. Only shot it maybe 150 times so far. Still new to me. Loaded with Critical Defense ammo.

Did you pull the trigger? If not try that first.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Did you pull the trigger? If not try that first.
    The problem has been solved for a while, a rubber mallet solved it. I have been shooting and shooting the Kahr, it is a shooter. No more failures of any kind. I carry it depending on clothing, what I am doing. It has over 1000 rounds now and any gun I carry, will be shot quite a bit.