Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Use Kahr Service Recently?

I offer no defense for them but there are a lot of factors involved.
    The person on the phone is working on a bench usually. They only have a general idea.
    I know on one of my returns it involved a new slide, mine was the DLC finish. They didn't have a DLC finished slide available and were waiting.
    When I found this out via contact I mentioned I'd prefer a stainless slide anyhow. I got my gun back the next day with a stainless slide. No charge.

They could be very busy, they could have guys sick or on vacation, could be many things.

Regardless of what others are posting I would email or phone and seek the status of your gun. I think email generally yields a better answer since they aren't rushed to get off the phone and onto another call.

I don't think they are lying, nothing for them to gain by doing that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Update on my P45... just heard from Kahr... my P45 is inbound tomorrow by 10:30 am. I noticed one of my several incoming shipments needs an adult signature. I guess it didn't need a new frame/serial number.

I want to get that P45 into my carry rotation or EDC. Maybe the 5th trip to the grange will be the charm! It drops into the same XB MiniTuck holster that I bought for my PM9 and found that everything but the P380 fits it, too!
    Last edited by wyntrout; 10-26-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Well, I got an automated response. The CSR that started my case is out on vacation until 10/30.
    People being on vacation is a perfectly acceptable reason for a long estimate, it isn't an excuse for an incorrect estimate.

It just seems crazy to wait 4 weeks for them to even look at it. I was able to call my smith, confirm he worked that day, and go see him a couple hours later. It isn't like smiths are that rare or busy or that their work is all that time consuming. We aren't talking C&R restorations here.

I would have happily paid for a new slide and shipped my old one back for a refund. Or better yet, ship me the slide, and if I don't use the return label in 14 days charge me full MSRP.

It is hard to say, if he tells me 6 weeks out the gate I'm going to be frustrated for sure. His estimate being off by 200% seems... unlikely. I would totally understand if there was a shortage or something... but I wasn't given a reason as to why.

The problem is how pointless it is to talk about it, these are registered firearms - we are pretty stuck. It seems like the elephant in the room. The service Kahr is providing right now is unacceptable, but that isn't what you see when you search around for Kahr's reputation online.

Got mine back today - almost 5 weeks. See my post for details and it's going to the range tomorrow for a workout.

They weren't great at communicating status but they did reply to email after a couple days.

I don't know anything about Kahr as this is my first but usually the reps have no clue and quote the standard line - or they can get overwhelmed because a lot of work came in at once. If my CM9 is actually fixed, I'll feel better about the whole deal.

My baby arrived at 09:34 this morning. I had awakened about 15 minutes before... startled awake by a bad dream... about the pistol! The FedEx guy and I found the pistol was incredibly loose and seemed made of dishrag-like material! My dreams can be so frustrating!
    They replaced the slide stop, SS spring, recoil spring and magazine spring, lubed tested OK.
    I need to make another tube grip cover... took the old one off and don't remember it being as good as I wanted. The nibs are still sharp!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I offer no defense for them but there are a lot of factors involved.
    The person on the phone is working on a bench usually. They only have a general idea.
    I know on one of my returns it involved a new slide, mine was the DLC finish. They didn't have a DLC finished slide available and were waiting.
    When I found this out via contact I mentioned I'd prefer a stainless slide anyhow. I got my gun back the next day with a stainless slide. No charge.

They could be very busy, they could have guys sick or on vacation, could be many things.

Regardless of what others are posting I would email or phone and seek the status of your gun. I think email generally yields a better answer since they aren't rushed to get off the phone and onto another call.

I don't think they are lying, nothing for them to gain by doing that.

I send mine in without hesitation - I don't try to play gunsmith. Whenever I've had to get mine serviced email has worked best.

I think its a great company, but not that big. My impression is there was a definite problem with new CW380s and they've had to push hard over the summer replacing the extractors with an "upgraded" extractor. One was mine (big improvement - it now feeds all the ammo I've tried without issue) That may have got them backed up and behind on other service, with people needing a vacation, etc. It will probably work itself out over the next month or so.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I sent my CT380 in September 11 for extractor issues and have not heard anything as of yet.

Good place to vent on customer service. I ordered a set of XS 24/7 Big Dot sights for my Dan Wesson via Amazon the Aldorama Camera???

Said it would be 3 - 4 weeks. So patiently I wait. Arrival time came near near and got a message from Amazon that they had not heard it had shipped and I could check with the vendor directly. After 4 days I got a response that they had oversold that item and per Amazon policy had to cancel the order.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and they hope they can help me with any future camera needs.

Yeah right, Aldorama and Hillary are the same word in my book. Unbelievable.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

A update on my CW380....As stated before when I took it to the range the first time, I was unable to get 2 straight shots off without having to slap it back into battery. Bumbed out and a sore palm. I sent to Kahr and they recieved it Sept. 25th. I just got it back today and here is what the invoice stated.

Replaced barrel, recoil spring, slide stop spring, upgraded extractor, lubed, tested ok.

I haven't been to the range to test it yet, but I would be glad to sell it with a front pocket leather holster I paid $59 for. Just want to get my $ back out of it. I think I'll just carry my Colt Mustang as a backup.

Day 12 for the CM9 being sent in for repair ......many more to come I'm afraid.