Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slide won't come off new CT45....

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    Clearly you shouldn't need to hammer the thing to take it off or put it on. If it were me I'd take it apart and put it together again until I was able to see what the problem is. Maybe some pictures of the underside of the slide and of the frame might enable people here to help pinpoint the problem.
    It looks to be issues with the plastic slide, not smooth at all but couldn't find another reason as to why I had to hammer the slide off and on. The plastic is crappy but there is a reason it is, an entry level gun at less than $300.

I really don't think it's the plastic. Again I sometimes have mine seem to lock on and not want to come off.

It's a matter of getting everything lined up. I sometimes can't get the slide back on too, recoil assembly has to be just right or she won't go.

Never had to go to the hammer before but there were a few times it was a pretty good looking option.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, if not the plastic, it worked with the hammer. Since then, the slide had come off and on no issue. The happened only after the range time, though getting it back on was a pain, had to use the rubber mallet that day. I am going to the range again today and put some more rounds through it to see how it does. I'm not concerned about its reliability at this point, it does that well enough. Curious as to post shooting.

Let us know how it goes. It will be interesting if the issue just works itself out.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Let us know how it goes. It will be interesting if the issue just works itself out.
    I put 100 rounds today through the gun, 50 of WWB 230gr FMJ and 50 rounds of Gold Dot 230gr JHP with no issues. The slide came off and back on without issue as well. Odd but I think it's ready for a back up carry. My primary carries are either the Glock 19 (Gen 3, 4, 5), the new 2.0 M&P Compact or CZ P10C. This gun is more for quick trips to the store or need to carry a gun with light summer clothes. It won't see much range time anymore. At least not like the guns above that have 1,000 to 6000 rounds through them depending on which version. My Gen 4 G19 has over 6000 rounds.

Good to hear its working out,
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Another 150 rounds today, 100 230gr FMJ and 50 JHP 230gr. No hiccups, running smooth. Good enough for carry, mainly back-up.

Good to hear.

I normally don’t like DAO but the smooth as glass Kahr triggers I love. I short stroke it sometimes, just have to get used to it. I want another Kahr now, 9mm this time.