CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: West German SIG P220

I did not know all that. Pretty cool.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That's my browning BDA in 45 cal. So now I know its really a Sig P220'

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

If I read what I've read correctly - A BDA is more "rare" than even the W. German 220's as it came before any 220's and was also possibly the Swiss Army A75 firearm -

Buy it. I've had a 1995 nickel P220 for years. they're great guns. I sent mine back to SIG a few years ago to have the trigger lightened and for new night sites and it's even better now. The target on the right is first two mags with me getting use to the new trigger. The left one is my next three mags. Sorry about the flyer. Although the pistol is light for it's size, 25.7 ozs, it's still a bit large for me to carry.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    Buy it. I've had a 1995 nickel P220 for years. they're great guns. I sent mine back to SIG a few years ago to have the trigger lightened and for new night sites and it's even better now. The target on the right is first two mags with me getting use to the new trigger. The left one is my next three mags. Sorry about the flyer. Although the pistol is light for it's size, 25.7 ozs, it's still a bit large for me to carry.
    That gun looks just like the 1987 nickel P220 I just bought
    Had new Meps put on it (amber rear with green front).
    Will run some ammo through it this weekend.
    I'm very excited to throw some rounds down range!

I think all the nickel 220's look about the same. How many P220's do you have anyway? I like that the older carbon slide guns are quite a bit lighter than the new SS ones and if they're plated, who cares.

Cool Pair of P220s

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    I think all the nickel 220's look about the same. How many P220's do you have anyway? I like that the older carbon slide guns are quite a bit lighter than the new SS ones and if they're plated, who cares.
    NIB 1998 folded steel slide factory nickel plated two tone 45.
    Had a professional trigger job and SRT kit installed.
    Doesn't have Made in Germany, U.S. or any origin marks on it anywhere?
    I'm thinking it may be German parts assembled in the U.S.?

Came across a LNIB 1987 W German all nickel P220 45 at Cabala's I just couldn't pass up.
    No box or paperwork, one zipper mag and the night sights were stone cold dead.
    Dry fire the W German trigger feels better to me.
    I'm leaving this beauty bone stock.
    Will shoot it at daybreak

Update:
    Shot a fist sized hole out of the bullseye.
    This thing is sweet.
    In my hands I actually shoot the W German P220 better than my Dan Wesson V-Bob (and that's just not right LOL )
    Last edited by Barth; 10-28-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slugnutty View Post
    Going to try my pictures now... wish me luck:

Nice find Slugnutty!
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Thank you sir.
    Started to hunt for metal floor plate mags - my buddie bought a P220 that is newer than mine but does believe he has 2 metal plate mags, told me to send pictures of mine and if his match mine, he'll send me his for the cost of me buying him a pair of 8 rounder's as his is an American mag release and can take the 8's where I need the 7's

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slugnutty View Post
    Thank you sir.
    Started to hunt for metal floor plate mags - my buddie bought a P220 that is newer than mine but does believe he has 2 metal plate mags, told me to send pictures of mine and if his match mine, he'll send me his for the cost of me buying him a pair of 8 rounder's as his is an American mag release and can take the 8's where I need the 7's

Fingers crossed.
    Good fortune to you in regards to that swap

I'm not a huge fan of the 220. While they are excellent guns, I don't fit them well (at least the sao version I had). Anyway, that's my excuse for not being up to speed on them. Being ignorant, I'm curious to know if there is any reason 8 round magazines with the metal floor plate wouldn't work in the heel release guns. Anyone know one way or the other?

FWIW, there is a "buy it now" listing for two used 7 round magazines on ebay right now (search "Sig Sauer P220 7 Round 45acp Magazines 2 Total P220-1 Black Made in Italy" ).
    There is also an auction for 4 eight round magazines with metal floor plates (search "Sig Sauer P220-1 8 Round 45ACP Magazines Quantity of 4").

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>