Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West German SIG P220

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Default West German SIG P220

So thoughts on a SIG P220 made in West Germany (is also marked on slide Made in W.Germany) from what I can tell from the under barrel shroud it is a 1977 production date.
    I've been reading like a mad man all of yesterday and now today - other than it possibly developing frame cracking (which I now know where to look for) if someone fed it a continuous diet of +P .45 ACP with out replacing the pin in the rear block does any one have anything at all to add to my research on the gun?

Just like the CW45 I stumbled upon a few years ago now for a disgusting low price, this P220 is from a widow consigning her late husbands guns at my favorite local gun shop and all she is asking is $350 - Dave showed it to me last night and said I will have first "dibs" on it today if I want it.

I once carried a P229 in .40 for a few years like all newly minted CCW's do - more bigger is more better until I realized I don't live in Mogadishu but rural farm Idaho and foolishly sold it in place of just buying a different gun and keeping the P229 - this would simply be a gun to shoot and enjoy along with filling the "I don't have any SIG's anymore in my collection" firearm.

Again any input on anything related to the P220/W.German SIG's/general thoughts are appreciated

I can't help ya pal, I don't know that much about Sigs other than if you let it pass I'd love to have seconds.

I don't own any Sigs either.

I really don't think you can go wrong on that. Hopefully one of the Sig guys around here will be along with some good feed back.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Go to Sigforum.com. There is lots of info there.

Have read - searched - problem I see with most brand specific forums is We love our brand"A" but your company "Z" sucks. - go to company "Z" forum and you get our brand "Z" is awesome but brand "A" sucks.
    Vicious circle - you know the drill - I find that here though more level heads prevail not so much KAHR is king but - we like KAHR and there are plenty of other fine brands out there too.

for anyone looking on good SIG information and not the typical (* cough cough SIGFORUM cough cough*) fanboyism - take a look at https://www.realgunreviews.com
    The information there is like talking to "our" Greg on KAHR's -

For $350, buy it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I looked at the Sig Forum and I couldn't find anything specific. I'm not a member there so I didn't want to post a question.
    I thought there might be a thread about the gun you mention but I couldn't find it. Didn't see a search capability, maybe cause I'm not a member?

Oh heck I'll take it. Then I can let you know first hand it it's any good or not. Seems like the right thing to do.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yeah, for $350, if it is in decent shape buy it. If you don't like it I'll give you $360 for it.

Cool W German Sweetness!

If it's in good condition?
    That price is a steal.
    Even if you don't like it, you can easily flip it for a profit.
    I just bought a LNIB 1987 factory nickel W German P220 45 for $999 from Cabela's.
    Fit, finish and trigger are nothing short of outstanding

Long as it hasn't been abused?
    I'd jump on it quick!

Great buy for $350.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I couldn't pass it up.
    I'll have some pictures up tomorrow when lighting is better.
    Screw it you cant take it with you -
    I was incorrect on the date (bad eyes looking a very small letters) - it was made in 1983 which was the year I entered country U.S. Army Europe.

Lots of holster wear externally (obviously) but the frame rails / / internal contact parts so FAR less wear compared to the external - I purchased it to fill a hole and shoot.... anyhow - thanks for the input, pictures tomorrow