So thoughts on a SIG P220 made in West Germany (is also marked on slide Made in W.Germany) from what I can tell from the under barrel shroud it is a 1977 production date.
I've been reading like a mad man all of yesterday and now today - other than it possibly developing frame cracking (which I now know where to look for) if someone fed it a continuous diet of +P .45 ACP with out replacing the pin in the rear block does any one have anything at all to add to my research on the gun?

Just like the CW45 I stumbled upon a few years ago now for a disgusting low price, this P220 is from a widow consigning her late husbands guns at my favorite local gun shop and all she is asking is $350 - Dave showed it to me last night and said I will have first "dibs" on it today if I want it.

I once carried a P229 in .40 for a few years like all newly minted CCW's do - more bigger is more better until I realized I don't live in Mogadishu but rural farm Idaho and foolishly sold it in place of just buying a different gun and keeping the P229 - this would simply be a gun to shoot and enjoy along with filling the "I don't have any SIG's anymore in my collection" firearm.

Again any input on anything related to the P220/W.German SIG's/general thoughts are appreciated