Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop my PM9

Thumbs up Drop my PM9

Accidentally I dropped my PM 9 to the concrete floor in my bathroom with a round loaded in the pipe. For my relief the gun did not went off. For a split second a panic but I was so happy that the pistol did what supposed to do and I learned my lesson......thumbs up to Kahr!!!!

Your body will grow back, hope it didn't mess the gun up.

Glad it performed as intended, had to be very scary.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Glad you are ok. Tell us more about the circumstances. Was it on a belt holster?

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

You did the right thing, let it fall to the floor. Most get shot when trying to grab/catch the gun before it hits, accidently initiating trigger pull.

You can always buy a new gun.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Most good pistols are drop safe.

Quote Originally Posted by tony k View Post
    Glad you are ok. Tell us more about the circumstances. Was it on a belt holster?
    I was getting the pistol out of my right front pocket when some how caught the pocket and slid out of my hand. It didn't get any visible damage since it felt flat on the side. When to the range today and put 64 rounds thru it without any hick ups. PM9 are a work horse!!!

One of the main reasons I bought a kahr is because it is built so drop proof with the striker block. I can not imagine any way to drop it so that the striker block would disengage and the striker fly forward at the same time. Things do break, but I can't imagine anything safer except an unloaded gun. Might as well carry a soup can then.

When I take newbs and not so newbs to the range, one thing I try and cover is "don't drop my guns" but if you do (and we all have) resiest the tempation to grab it. I try to impress on them the only way my guns will fire is if you pull the trigger. If you or me tries to grab a dropped gun we don't know where we will grab it. Just my 2 cents.

I once tried to grab a power drill with a spade bit that I dropped. Rammed the bit into my palm as it struck the floor and tore hell out of my palm. Better to let it drop. Of course a gun has even worse consequences if you miss the catch the wrong way.

It's the same with knives and other sharp objects, too! Just move away from the impact zone! I've dropped my P380 several times... usually on carpet, but once onto the kitchen's tile floor! It fell out of the holster as I carried it too loosely. Of course it landed on the magazine floor plate which took off for parts unknown and everything but the follower with it, though easier to find... boolits all over the floor!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".