Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Tungsten pistols question

Default Tungsten pistols question

Has any one experienced the Tungsten coated pistols losing the coating at the muzzle after long term use??? How about general usage....has the Tungsten worn off easily......anyone carry a Tungsten pistol???

Assuming you're referring to the black diamond Kahrs....I've been carrying, and shooting, my PM9 for a goodly number of years now with no noticeable wear.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Assuming you're referring to the black diamond Kahrs....I've been carrying, and shooting, my PM9 for a goodly number of years now with no noticeable wear.
    I was referring to the gray finish. Thanks for the reply.

Them ain't Ti
    NRA Benefactor

I haven't seen a report on the Tungsten but I think someone had a thread on the Bronze or Gold cerakote and how it held up. You might search for that one.

The tungsten does look good.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I carry my CW380 TU3 (Tungsten Cerakote) alot. Haven't had any wear issues using either the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster, or a Clinger kydex IWB.

My bronze cerakote CW9 has held up well. There is some wearing off of the finish on the inside of the slide where there is metal on metal contact, but the outside of the slide shows virtually no wear.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."