Hello all. I recently inherited my father's P45 after he lost a battle with cancer. I believe he bought it new around 2008 or so. I don't think he shot it very much. I'd be surprised if it has seen 500 rounds. I know he carried it nearly every day and was very proud of this pistol. Throughout my life he seemed to always be trading guns of all types, so the fact that he kept this one for so long means something.

I've had several different pistols over the last several years, but I haven't spent much time with any Kahrs. So I have a couple questions.
1. I dry fire a lot, almost daily. Is it ok to continue that with this gun? I typically use snap caps during deliberate dry fire practice.
2. Should I replace the recoil spring or any other springs right away?

I have fired just a couple magazines just to verify function and familiarize myself with it. I was very happy with the accuracy and performance at that time. I'm planning to head to the range later this week.
Once I verify it's performance I plan to carry it. I really like the p45 and I figure that keeping it in service to protect myself and my family is just one more small way to honor his memory.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk