Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: Kahr Service Turn around time

Default Kahr Service Turn around time

I sent my new CT380 in for failure to feed after I did all I could do to it on September 9th. I emailed Ian at Kahr and asked them if they had lost it............and he said that they did have it and the turn around time is 5 weeks from the date they received it. I gave the package to a FEDEX driver so they should have received it by September 15th. Seems like a long time to me........

Local gunsmiths also have pretty long turn around. It seems this would be a good field for someone to go into. SUPPLY AND DEMAND
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Don't feel so bad, I sent my M&P 9 to Smith & Wesson's performance center for some upgrades & their turn around time is 3-4 months.

If you look at it this way, there are approx. 350 million firearms in the U.S. give or take, and if you take away the firearms that are worked on by their owners, that still leaves a boatload of firearms. If even only a quarter of their owners are sending their firearms to a gunsmith, that's probably a massive amount of firearms per gunsmith. People should be so lucky to get a firearm even looked at in 5 weeks

I bought a CW380 against all the bad reviews. I really wanted to like the gun and carry it for a backup. Well all the "bad reviews" were the total truth! I can't image a reputical company letting a product that has know defects out to the public. In any case I sent it back to Kahr after some arguments about how many rounds I had fired ect...
    They replaced everything from the barrel to the recol spring. I haven't taken it to the range yet I really don't know if I ever will. I guess I'm just use to quality firearms working right from the start.
    I refuse to sell a gun that isn't up to my standards to some unsupecting guy or gal. So I guess I'm stuck with this POS

Word has it that they are a bit short handed right now at Kahr. Also this time of year, people wanting time off and such it's just a poor time.

Same with a lot of trades. I tried hard to get somebody to install new cabinets in the kitchen, wife wouldn't listen to reason and wait till after the new year when things settle down.

I just finished all but the sink base today with a neighbor helping. Nice that it's done, won't get measured for counter tops till early January but at least the bulk of it is done, neighbor refused payment so probably saved a grand anyhow. The frustration of a derelict trying to do this kind of thing is hard to comprehend though.

UNC, go shoot that thing and if it balks, send it back till they get it right. No reason to give up on it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Just bought a CT380 for a pocket gun to carry on my motorcycle and quick short trips out of the house when I don't want to IWB carry my 9mm or 45!! Went thru the recommended 200 round break in with numerous FTF and FTE and some stove pipes!!! Was getting discouraged and ready to park it in the safe and found this forum and read thru it and found the Sticky on prepping a new Kahr!! Thought it was a lot of BS but was desperate to make the CT380 work because I liked it when it would feed ok and the way it fit in my pocket!!! Well went thru the prep tutorial for cleaning and lubing the gun like it said, took the burrs out of the mag so the follower didn't hang up as described in the sticky at the end and hand racked the slide at least 500 times like it said!!! Polished the feed ramp and entrance to the barrel!! Hand racked a bunch of dummy loaded brass thru it I put together to see if it would feed ok by hand!!! The more I hand racked it the better it seemed to hand feed and eject without FTF/FTE?? I was able to get it to hand feed without nose diving or using the slide lock release method!! I took it to the range and put 100 rounds of my mixed brass reloads, 2 boxes of factory ammo and a box of Hornaday self-defense rounds thru it without one FTF/FTE or a stove pipe!! I love the way it shoots and now feel comfortable using it as my EDC for the occasions I bought it for!!!

As far as Kahr service goes I didn't call them or have had to use them yet! I will give SCCY service a 5 star though!! I am a budget gun kind of guy and bought a used SCCY CPX2 for a $140 bucks! I was putting a Galloway trigger and hammer spring upgrade in it and noticed the trigger bar didn't match the parts list and the polymer hsg had a hair line crack at the rear rollpin!! I called SCCY and asked what to do and see how they honored their life time warranty?? They sent me a prepaid Fedex 2day prepaid shipping label!! SCCY received the gun on Dec 4th and i received it back Dec 7th with what appeared to be a complete new gun!! I disassembled it and put in the Galloway springs and love it!!! It rivals my S&W M&P Shield 9mm!! I also have a CW45 Kahr and it rivals my S&W M&P 45 Shield!! I have them all in my EDC rotation!! Hope this helps someone having problems with their Kahr!! I am looking for a CT-CM 9 now to add to my collection as well!!!

Glad you ended up happy. Kahr's have long been built tight. The downside of that, if you will, is they do require proper break-in/run in. The positive side is a well built, accurate firearm.
    NRA Benefactor

Kahr can fix the problem and quit sending them out as junk, they are losing customers, I will try my new 380 toy and if she don't shoot after 200 rounds someone is getting a good deal on a Cerakote 380