Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: P9 trigger pull lenght

Default P9 trigger pull lenght

Question for P9 owners
    I bought a P9 for a gift, but haven't seen it yet. Question is what is the trigger pull length like ?

We have two 98 K9 Elite that had the optional Elite shorter length trigger pull and reset trigger.
    Then in the early 2000's we got two PM9's. One store bought and the other as a gift from Kahr.
    Those two have the same trigger pull length / reset as our K9's so I assume they are the same Elite triggers but now not offered as an option.

I got to play with a CW9 a while back and noticed the trigger pull was longer. I had to pull back almost to where the trigger had to touch the frame before there was a let off.

Can anyone tell me what the trigger is like on their P9's

I thought they were all the same across the board. The CW with the longer pull must have had some sort of issue.
    My K's, Mk's and PM's are all the same.
    Only different one is the NY trigger and it's only just a tiny bit longer but heavier.
    Most people can't tell the difference between the standard and elite trigger, very close.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I am not able to tell much difference between my CW9 and MK9.

The main thing I have noticed is the trigger on my CW9 has some grit where the spring rubs the trigger bar. I expect this to solve with continued use.

The trigger on the MK has absolutely no gritty feeling. Of course it was used when I got it so it might have been worked out.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Here's what all our Kahr triggers look like at let-off, full travel back to the stop, and going forward to the reset point. The distance from at rest to the reset point is minimal.

The the CW9 I tested had a longer trigger pull that made the trigger go all the way back until it almost hit the frame before it would let off.

Here's where our the triggers lets off

Here's the full rearward travel to the stop of the triggers

Here's how far forward the triggers have to go to reset

Default For the inquistative

Well the results are in. It seems that Kahr has different triggers

My 4 Kahrs all have the same trigger geometry. 2 purchased new 1998 K9 Elites and 2 PM9's purchased new in early 2000's. I guess Kahr did away with the Elite title some time in the 2000's

My recently purchased used P9 has a different trigger pull. It's more gritty and stiffer, which I'll remedy, but the trigger pull till let-off is longer to where there's no further travel of the trigger
    The trigger reset seems to be the same forward travel as on my earlier pistols

Looking back at the CW9 that I first tested, it's trigger had to be pushed back even further till the trigger almost hit the frame.

What this is telling me is that Kahr has different trigger geometry for different models.

Oh !

The top front edge of trigger as you pull back isn't as sharp on my older pistols as they are on the newer P9, but I can fix that. My original ones are more blunted

And the paddle / sear wheel was rough with light tooling marks that I had to polish out. I lost that little coil spring for about an hour before I found it. I should have disassembled in a plastic bag