Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P380 Lakeline Striker & Slide

Yeah an extractor would be nice.

I think the best P380 would be to buy the slide barrel and frame from Kahr and have Alfonse supply the rest of the parts lol

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieR View Post
    Lakeline should make a P/CW380 extractor with a radiused lower claw and more clearance (like the mod on the forum).
    From what I've read elsewhere on this forum I believe, Kahr has already done that one. I think "new" extractors have more clearance.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

I wish Alfonse would make a replacement extractor. I'm sure it would be far better than the OEM part.

Yes, the 'improved' extractor is better but it still needed more filing.....did it to both of mine (CW380TU3 and P380) including radiusing the bottom edge of the extractor, and they both now eat ANYTHING. My CW380 was better out of the box than the older P380, but now they are both perfect !

So finally got around to writing up range report on the new P380. Haven't had time as things have been really hectic at work.

shot 50 rounds of S&B 9mm 115 grain FMJ through the MK-9 it functioned flawlessly lol

shot 150 rounds total through the p380
    50 rounds of Freedom Munitions 100gr jacketed RNFP - no issues at all next one was...
    50 rounds Aguilla 95gr FMJ -had failure of slide to lock back after last round 2 times but no stoppages during firing. At this point the gun was getting mighty dirty but I wanted to see how far it could go.
    Last 50 rounds were PPU 94gr FMJ. This is when I had the most issues, I had 2 premature slide lock backs when shooting from retention, I also had one failure to lock open on empty, and one light primer strike. Both of those occurred while shooting off hand.

This completed the 200 round "break in" period. The gun got full detail strip and clean when I got home, the grittiness in the trigger has smoothed out and the action on the pistol is much smoother now than it was out of the box.

I was able to hit 12/12 on man sized target at 25 yards (the max distance on the indoor range) with a decent rate of fire which I was not able to do with my kel-tec. I will feel comfortable carrying this as my only weapon on days where dress dictates only a pocket pistol. Next trip will be 50 rounds of carry ammo (fiocchi extrema), I might pick up some of those Ruger ARX rounds too and see how it does.

thanks for reading the rambling and happy shooting!!!
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Sweet.

I like how you started out with the MK9 to show the little fella how it's done.

I picked up a P380 in the DLC finish. After the usual hose down with non-chlorinated brake cleaner and a good lube, it's ready for the range tomorrow.

Totally confident it's gonna be 100% from round one. Just for good measure, I think I'll start out with it's big brother to set a good example....

Attached Images Attached Images

That's a mighty fine set of pistolas ya got there.

I like how since you had PM9 in black you also got the P380 in black. Always nice to have a matching set.

Good luck with the break in on the .380. going in with a good attitude always helps!

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Fiocchi ammo report will be interesting, mine hates Fiocchi.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Gotta admit, I'm hedging my bet that it'll run 100% from round one.

Already tried to chamber a round of Perfecta. It's a no go. I have Blazer Brass, PMC Bronze, plus some carry ammo to run through it for the break in.

Gonna put off the Perfecta/Fiocchi until I get the extractor mods done.

I've never seen the perfecta ammo in person, but the extrema round chambers fine. I put 2 mags of the extrema through it without issue, but it needs more testing to be sure.