Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P380 Lakeline Striker & Slide

Default P380 Lakeline Striker & Slide

So my Lakeline Striker came in Saturday and got around to installing it today. As you can see from the images it is much thicker where the firing pin is attached to the rest of the striker. The installation was a breeze and I put 50 trouble free rounds through it. I plan on getting to the range again when I have some more time to finish the 200 round break in period although I had no issues through the first 50 rounds. Another excellent product from Alfonse!

I am a little disappointed with the quality of the P380 slide and slide stop. Considering it is suppose to be the premium model I was hoping for less tooling marks on the slide. My CW9 appears to be tooled better than the P380. It did not cause any issues shooting, just me being picky. Overall I am extremely satisfied with my new Kahr and it will make an excellent addition to carry. Lemme know what you think!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Congratulations on your new P380!

That Alfonse character really makes some great quality products. A new stainless guide rod would look pretty sweet in there....

Funny how that whole Premium series thing works. My CM9 had the worst finishing of all my Kahrs, but I was able to smooth everything out myself to my satisfaction. After close to 2000 rounds thru it, it now has that same smooth finish and feel as the rest of my Kahrs - especially the polymer frame rails.

My CW 380 was nicely finished from the factory. It had no marks, and needed no fluff and buff at all. Even the slide stop looked great. My CW380 #2 has been claimed by my Sister after her LCP II experiment proved less than satisfactory, but it too looked really nice inside. I'm about to pick up a new P380 to replace it. Still undecided between the standard stainless and a DLC one though.

Maybe Kahr will send you a new slide stop to replace yours, if you send them a picture....

So that Lakeline striker is carbon steel and not stainless?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

It is heat treated S7 tool steel.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Yeah that Alfonse guy is something else lol. The stainless steel guide rod will come a bit later, Lakeline is great about shipping fast and cheap so I didn't order it right away as I couldn't justify it as a "needed part" to the wife haha.

I think you will be pleased with your P380 when you get it. Maybe just my imagination but we tend to hear of less problems with them compared to the CW380s. And with prices at $350 bucks you get 3 magazines plus the poly barrel and hard case make it worth it to me.

The 50 rounds I've put through it was a mix of flat nose freedom munitions and fiocchi extrema without any issues.

Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17 G4, Sarsilmaz B6PC
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

I don't have a P380, just the CT380 which I assume uses the same striker.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Kahr needs to hire Alfonse as a consultant, or better yet let him completely re-engineer the .380 pistols. There was a member here who sent his Kahr back for service and he accidentally left the Lakeline striker inside it. Kahr took it out and replaced it with another one of their crappy, breakage-prone OEM ones. Hopefully they gave the Lakeline unit to their engineering department instead of just throwing it away.

Kahr is well aware of Lakeline's quality.

When a manufacturer sells an aftermarket part for their own product on their website, it shows the ultimate respect. Alfonse's 380 guide rod is also there, but kinda camouflaged.

There may be more Lakeline products on the website, and I recall Alfonse saying there's plans to offer more.

Best of the best.....

http://www.kahr.com/Magazines/Kahr-L...LLK-MF-030.asp

Maybe Alfonse will come out with a metal follower for the .380. I know most people who have issues with the magazines buy the magguts so maybe not the most financially rewarding.

Something I would really be interested in would be a captive recoil spring assembly for the .380, would make it much easier to reassemble the little buggers.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Lakeline should make a P/CW380 extractor with a radiused lower claw and more clearance (like the mod on the forum).