Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P380 Lakeline Striker & Slide

Perfecta used to be a Walmart exclusive. Imported by Tula, made by Fiocchi in Italy. It's no longer a Walmart exclusive item, and you can find it at BulkAmmo.com, among other places.

It's pretty much the same as Fiocchi FMJ in the blue box. Pretty stout load, burns extremely clean, but it isn't made to SAAMI specs. The case rim is slightly taller, which gives Kahr 380s fits. The 9mm Perfecta however works dandy in every 9mm I own. It's actually my favorite range ammo. You can run a couple boxes through a gun and it doesn't get as dirty as running a mag of Winchester white box through it.

The local Walmarts were blowing the 380 out at $9 per box, so I stocked up.

Never had a problem with Fiocchi Extrema in any caliber either. It's made here in the US, so that may explain why. It's one of the self defense rounds I have to test in my P380, and it chambers fine. We'll see how it shoots tomorrow.

Thanks for that explanation Ed.

I usually buy all my ammo from sportsman's guide when they have free shipping, or from the local Cabela's when they have a sale. Sometimes can get .380 Herters brand there for 12.99.

That's probably why I've never seen Perfecta. Read a lot about it online now though. The fact that it's affiliated with Tula ammo probably doesn't help. The only time I'd had good success with Tula/wolf/bear ammo was running it in my Makarov....which makes sense.

The extrema line is top notch ammo. Essentially just a nickel plated version of Hornady custom or American Gunner.

How did the new p380 do at the range today???

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Quote Originally Posted by JethrosDad View Post
    How did the new p380 do at the range today???
    It ran 100% as expected. 100 rounds of Blazer Brass, followed by 21 rounds of self defense ammo. Winchester Ranger T, Fiocchi Extrema, and Hornady Critical Defense.

That Extrema is a pretty lively round. Tough to beat an XTP bullet in a nickle case for $14 a box.

When I got back out to the gun shop, the owner was unpacking cases of a new (to him) brand of ammo. Yup - Perfecta. It's a Freudian nightmare. For a brief second, I thought I heard the P380 growling in my range bag...