Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new

Thread: Grip lasers vs. on off activated lazers

Default Grip lasers vs. on off activated lazers

Have done several searches and no results. Advantages vs. disadvantages of grip activated vs. on off tip of finger activated lasers. I have moved away from safeties (lever) on my carry guns. I want as little to have to remember to do in a potential gun fight.

Your thoughts on how to activate your laser?
    Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by P7rancher; 11-06-2017 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Correction

I think you just answered your own question. If you like a laser on your carry gun then grip activated is definitely the way to go in my opinion. There is nothing to think about. No extra step involved. I've only got one carry gun that I keep a laser on and that's my LCP. It's a CT and has been on the little pistol for years with no issues, except battery replacement last year. I had a LC9 with a switch activated Lasermax and did not like it.

I agree. Grip activated is the ticket. If you want to shoot without the laser just put a piece of tape over it to block it.

I have one for my PM45. I need to get a battery, actually needed a battery for a couple years, need to move that up on the priority list I guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The Crimson Trace grip lasers are great. Many have an on/off switch for practice without the laser. Leave it on for easy, instinctive use when needed. A huge sighting enhancement.

Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

You have the Holy Grail there. The Lasergrips for the steel Kahrs have been discontinued and are rarer than hen's teeth....

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    You have the Holy Grail there. The Lasergrips for the steel Kahrs have been discontinued and are rarer than hen's teeth....
    I did not know that.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

My thoughts are that if you are in darkness hold off pressing the button until ready to fire and you have a audible fix on the intruder light him up and fire then go dark. the laser marks you as well as the target, he might not be alone or he might still be moving.
    I have had my ct laser grips since the 70's.

finding the switch on the other kinds of laser in the dark under stress might be a problem and if you draw return fire the excitement might rattle you enough to have trouble shutting it off so they can not follow it back to you.

if you have the safe area to practice those scenarios do that!