CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P380. Garbage. Kahr CS. Crapola.

Default P380. Garbage. Kahr CS. Crapola.

I own a pm9 and i am pleased with it. So it seemed logical to buy the p380. Not so. Substantial ftf's and ftf's with many brands of ammo. Also slide dies not return to battery. Cannot break in properly because the problem is so bad. Moreover, the rear aspect of the top of the polymer frame is bowed inward, which is not acceptable on a brand new pistol.
    I sent them the gun over a month ago and they still gave not gotten to it. The p380 seems to have design defects and the Kahr CS leaves much to be desired. I personally would trust me taurus tcp over this Lahr pistol. My advice is don't buy one.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear of your situation, and best of luck with repairs. Mine runs 100 percent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your p380. I just recently bought one myself and it has ran 100 percent. Granted I have only put 50 rounds through it but it was flat nose ammo and fiocchi.

Some others on the forum said that Kahrs turnaround time on firearms sent in right now is quite long.

Hope they sort it out for you.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Sounds like a problem with the extractor which has been an issue, and may be why CS is backed up. They'll probably replace your extractor with the current version, you'll get it back and be amazed. Had to do that with a CW380 this summer. Now it shoots all kinds of ammo without a hitch, even the flat nosed Winchester white box.

No idea about your frame. The frame on my P380 failed a couple of years ago, nothing I could see but that's what CS told me was wrong. It was way out of warranty. I had bought it used and put thousands of rounds through it over the years, but they replaced the frame with a new one no charge, so I can't complain about CS. The only problem was the frame is the serialized part, so it had to go through a FFL.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

People who buy P380s seem to either get one that works perfectly or one that's a complete lemon. If you're in the latter category you can often get it running yourself by de-burring the slide rails, getting a Lakeline striker and replacing the mag follower and spring with a MagGuts kit. Unfortunately that's still not a guarantee though. My advice to people is to get a CW 380 instead. The chances of getting a bad one are no worse and the pistol sells for $249 or less which makes dealing with a problem child a lot less stressful. I paid a full $649 for my P380 and unfortunately it has been one of the worst pistols I've ever owned reliability-wise. After years of screwing with it I finally got it running decently, but it sounds like I might want to check out one of the new extractors as well since mine still won't run Fiocchi ammo at all.

dsk - just buy another extractor. They're like $15. If it isn't already "upgraded", it only takes a few minutes to upgrade it yourself. Even if you totally botch it up, you can put the original back in and be right back where you started.

With as many times as you've had your P380 detail stripped, you're looking at 15 -20 minutes worth of work. It'd be a walk in the park for you...

You know i want to add this. Kahr' s faults seem to be falsely attributed to good manufacturing and tight tolerances. I don't buy that and I don't think you can trust a p380 for self defense. I own taurus tcp and ruger lcp ii and I would sooner trust those cheaper guns. Good manufacturing and tight tolerances only mean something on a gun that works.

Before you perform last rites on your P380, you might want to give Kahr a chance to make things right.

Look up problems with the LCP II on the web. Lots of problems with them.

Many of us here own CW380/P380s and love them. Once they're right, they offer advantages that other pocket 380s can't match.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    dsk - just buy another extractor. They're like $15. If it isn't already "upgraded", it only takes a few minutes to upgrade it yourself. Even if you totally botch it up, you can put the original back in and be right back where you started.

With as many times as you've had your P380 detail stripped, you're looking at 15 -20 minutes worth of work. It'd be a walk in the park for you...
    Trust me, I've got detail-stripping my Kahr down to a science. I no longer trust it when even slightly dirty and now detail-strip it whenever I clean it after shooting. The only thing holding me back from buying the extractor is the concern over whether they'll send me one of the new updated ones or old stock.

I just use the hole and spray cleaner on my CW380. I detail stripped after 600 rounds and found only a haze like smoke. I'll wait for another 1000 rounds before I detail strip again. I shot some Herters that was really dirty and it may be why there was a bit of haze. I've put 200 rounds through at the range without cleaning and had no failures. May be mine is just one of the good ones.