Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A little scenario question

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I know this senerrio does not allow, but the answer is to not go. My GF and I were headed out one time and she asked me if I thought I would really need a gun where we were going. My reply was that if I really thought I would need a gun there I wouldn't go. I guess on this day I would carry my Browning BDA .45 on my hip, and PM9 IWB and my CW380 in my front pocket. an extra mag for each would have to do as I would probably be walking in circles due to the extra weight.
    This right here for me. If it's a scary place I prefer to just stay home. Sometimes we have no choice. A hospital visit in downtown Seattle for example. Of course they frown on guns in hospitals and I'm not leaving mine in the vehicle down there so one has to use discretion. In that case I decided to carry a soft leather brief case. Worked well, I could put a thermos of coffee, some food etc. If the room became too warm and I had to remove vest or jacket I could slip the 1911 into the brief case and leave the PM45 on the ankle. Some days I just wore the PM45 on the hip, when I got inside I slipped it into the ankle holster and put the Garrett holster in the brief case.
    I've actually softened considerable over the years. In my younger days I took my gun in the shower in two zip lock bags, now that I can't hear I figured it was moot since I'd never know the threat was coming. Why a couple weeks ago I mowed the lawn nekkid as a jay bird didn't even have a blade on me.
    Should have grown wool and made a sweater, I was such a sheep waiting for slaughter.
    Everyday is different, but everyday is also the same, bad things happen all over these days. I agree that as civilians we don't expect extended gun battles but I'm also a devout sheepdog, so as long as others are in danger weather I know them or not, I'll probably stay in it till they are no longer in danger or until the cops shoot me by mistake, that's actually the biggest danger for civilian sheepdogs.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Here I am when I go out....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

For me it would be my CZ P-07 with 2 extra mags. All loaded with Federal HST, 124 gr, 9 mm.

Okay, Col...That there, In my younger days I took my gun in the shower in two zip lock bags....., is just seriously weird. Especially for us paranoids. What the hell good wud it do you? Ever try to draw from a zip lock bag??

Interesting you should bring up carry in a hospital. Unless I'm a patient, or even then dependings, I've never thought twice about doing that.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Exactly my thought Ken. Today could be the day. Create this scenario and all the mouse guns stay home, IWB or OWB is king and no mention of pocket carry.
    Extra Hi Cap mags, large frame guns.

Why should any day be different.

Why should a quick trip to the convenience store be any different than a evening out.
    I see what you did here......nice. Thanks for the thought-provoking kick in the ass, looks like a lot of us need to re-evaluate our EDC choices.

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Okay, Col...That there, In my younger days I took my gun in the shower in two zip lock bags....., is just seriously weird. Especially for us paranoids. What the hell good wud it do you? Ever try to draw from a zip lock bag??

Interesting you should bring up carry in a hospital. Unless I'm a patient, or even then dependings, I've never thought twice about doing that.
    Probably about as easy to draw as from a pocket I imagine. It was silly.
    I never give much of a thought to carrying anywhere. Hospital, post office (never go there anyhow). To me every day is the same.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Everyday is different, but everyday is also the same, bad things happen all over these days. I agree that as civilians we don't expect extended gun battles but I'm also a devout sheepdog, so as long as others are in danger weather I know them or not, I'll probably stay in it till they are no longer in danger or until the cops shoot me by mistake, that's actually the biggest danger for civilian sheepdogs.

Yup, bad things happen everywhere these days and I've never heard ANYONE complain about too much ammo/firepower in a gun fight!!

If I'm ever in your neighborhood and your mowing your lawn "naked as a jay bird"……LET me KNOW.

My battle gun is my CZ sp o1 tac. with two spare mags. and my Kahr pm9 in a flash bang holster or weak side pocket.
    But in a pinch I really like my Springfield 45 5.2" barrel, 13 + 1 (I load one round down, the mag. changes work better) and extra mags.

With a heavy gun I wear suspenders under my cover garment.

Unfortunately, I've gotten a little lazy lately, I've even carried a glock 19 because it's lighter……so sad to get lazy!

And you are VERY right Bawanna, the armed citizen really is in a vulnerable situation in "many" gun fights!
    The call goes out…..there's a man with a gun!!!! Sometimes it's tough for the cops to know who the bad guy is!!!

My answer to the scenario right now is my 3" GP100 loaded with .357 Magnum. Two or three speed strips of additional ammo in my pocket.

Can I get some AR500 body armor locally?

Case in point...

Our 1st grader has been bugging me to take her down to the river to see dolphins. They swim pretty far upriver and can be a pretty common sight.

So I took her to the Lion's Club boat ramp yesterday just before it got dark. It also started raining, so no dolphin sightings, but we did get to the boat ramp. On the way back, I had to stop for gas and the only station on the route was in a neighborhood that had really gone down hill since the last time I was around there, especially after dark. A guy was standing in the door of the small convenience store shouting something unintelligible to someone I couldn't see. Not sure if he was shouting at me or what. I ignored him and pumped my gas, ready to grab the gas nozzle and squirt 87 octane at anyone who gave me the stink eye. Hey, it's the weapon I had in my hand at the time...

So yes, you really never know when it's your time.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post

Yup, bad things happen everywhere these days and I've never heard ANYONE complain about too much ammo/firepower in a gun fight!!

If I'm ever in your neighborhood and your mowing your lawn "naked as a jay bird"……LET me KNOW.

My battle gun is my CZ sp o1 tac. with two spare mags. and my Kahr pm9 in a flash bang holster or weak side pocket.
    But in a pinch I really like my Springfield 45 5.2" barrel, 13 + 1 (I load one round down, the mag. changes work better) and extra mags.

With a heavy gun I wear suspenders under my cover garment.

Unfortunately, I've gotten a little lazy lately, I've even carried a glock 19 because it's lighter……so sad to get lazy!

And you are VERY right Bawanna, the armed citizen really is in a vulnerable situation in "many" gun fights!
    The call goes out…..there's a man with a gun!!!! Sometimes it's tough for the cops to know who the bad guy is!!!
    You'll be the first person I call. Always wanted to check out those flash bangs but I get weird looks????
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan