Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little scenario question

Default A little scenario question

This has been asked at least a million times so here it is for a million and one. It's slow and small around here lately. Need to liven it up somehow.

Here's the scenario.

Unlike every other day of your life this morning you wake up and you know today you will be in a life or death fight for survival. Either yourself or loved ones in danger.
    You don't know when or where but you know for sure it's happening today. Staying home and forting up is not an option.

The obvious choice of a rifle is not on the menu.

What gun and caliber to you wear for the occasion.? Extra mags, different carry position, different ammo just for todays event?
    Back up gun?

Be honest and keep it civil.

I'll hold my own answer so I don't impact the responses.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Carry that day will be my CZ P-09. 19 round 9mm mag with +2 extended baseplate, for 21+1 rounds of federal 124 gr. HST. In 1,500 rounds its never had a failure and its soft shooting. DA is not bad and SA is lite and smooth as butter. Oh, it sports a crimson trace rail master for the heck of it already.

I'll alternate from appendix carry when standing or walking to 3 o'clock when sitting. Might carry a spare 21 round reload mag.

Don't care if it prints cause I have a carry permit and open carry is legal anyway.

Thats my thought at the moment anyway. Its the one on the bottom.

Last edited by yqtszhj; 11-08-2017 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Add pic
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I would have Glock 17 on strong side loaded with critical duty +p with backup 33 round stick mag.

Kel-Tec .380 on the ankle and Kahr p380 in weak side rear pocket. Both of those loaded with Fiocchi extrema.

Not too much different than my EDC. Always have one in the back pocket and my CW9 IWB. Just trade that in for the G17 for more capacity

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

If I knew a fight was imminent I'd grab one of my HKs. Probably the USP, one of the best guns ever made IMHO. A couple extra mags I suppose. My Pico in my pocket too.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Been there, done that.

Back then, I didn't have a choice. Today, I do. Dance with the one that brought ya.

M9 on the hip, with 2 extra mags, all loaded with Federal HST 147gr. No ball ammo.

CW380 in my pocket, as usual.

Attached Images Attached Images

In my mind there isn't a difference between your scenario and every day, because every day that I carry I'm telling myself "this could be the day". So I'd step out the door with my EDC stuff; CW40 IWB with an extra magazine, Kershaw automatic, Kershaw flipper or Spyderco Tenacious in my right front pocket, and my cell phone to call 911. It's how I prepare and muscle memory that's most important to me.

Exactly my thought Ken. Today could be the day. Create this scenario and all the mouse guns stay home, IWB or OWB is king and no mention of pocket carry.
    Extra Hi Cap mags, large frame guns.

Why should any day be different.

Why should a quick trip to the convenience store be any different than a evening out.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I would have my normal EDC, which currently is a CZ-PCR, with one extra mag, and a S&W Model 60 in my front pocket. I usually carry a PM9 in my pocket, but all my pockets have holes in them from the rear sight, so I switched to the J-frame for abit.
    NRA Benefactor

I'll mention pocket carry......HK P2000SK with 180 gr. HST's OWB kydex holster.........Kahr MK9 in POCKET, with 147 HST's..............I don't need any more stinking mags

Easy answer to this one.....

Colt LW Officers ACP. Custom built by me for me over 20 years ago, this familiar tool functions as natural/instinctive extension of me. Carry IWB 'cause that's where it always rides. Ammunition...no change there either. In this case I'd prolly might add an offside double mag pouch and my Sig P238 in a hip pocket...neither of which I would normally carry.
    NRA Benefactor