Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Veterans DAY!

I hope that everyone had a nice Veterans' Day. My wife went shopping almost every day and hit Chili's two days in a row for a free lunch. I just shopped today and wore some pins... U.S. Flag and my '67 and '68 VN pins... 50 years ago this month... or last month... not sure... was enjoying(?) the fireworks displays in Da Nang.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

^ Like!
    NRA Benefactor

Like x2

There must have been something wrong with Greg's camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    "If I get put in jail, it's not like I'm a young thing and I still have my principles and I'm at peace."

Dang, I must have got some bad intel. I heard you were a young thing. I seen pictures, looked young to me and that was before I heard about the flash bang.

A Veteran's Day happy bit.....I have a friend, Tom. Met him in chemo. A 'nam Army combat chopper pilot who got shot down three times but blessedly seemed to have made it home without a scratch. Then all his filghts through clouds of Agent Orange caught up with him about three years ago. Two weeks ago was the first time I'd seen him in months that he didn't appear to be on death's doorstep. And then today he felt really good. Self deprecating good natured about his combat experiences, but one can tell he, as I be, is not all that happy about being brought down by AO "friendly fire" four decades later. He's in treatment multiple times a week and/but has an insanely good it is what it is attitude. Happily, he may have actually turned the corner and ain't gonna die soon. Dude makes me feel like a wuss and is top of list as one of my all time heroes.
    NRA Benefactor

I too have a good friend was also a Nam Army chopper pilot. He was a Razorback. He actually had the setup to spread that stuff sometimes mounted in his Huey.

Has some real stories and lots of photos too.

Spends a lot of time at the VA, never comes out and says it but implies it's from that AO stuff. No doubt.

He's extremely talented and has made 400 black powder rifles all from scratch. Makes his own barrels and hardware too, all the old fashion way with no power.
    Excellent black smith.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The convict and I lost 3 Vietnam veteran friends in the last two years from AO!

I worried about my convict, at one point he was at a fire base for 1 month that had been cleared with AO 2 years before!!!! Grrrrrrrrr!

There are military that worked on and flown cargo planes in the 80's and the residual AO got them….even though it was supposedly decontaminated years ago.

I can't attest to this, but I have talked to two Vietnamese who came to the US after Vietnam and they have said AO has decimated their country and that there are very few Vietnamese/Vietcong vets that are alive and healthy.