CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop

Thread: Reduced Power Spring Kit Galloway Precision CW45??

Default Reduced Power Spring Kit Galloway Precision CW45??

I recently acquired a CW45 in a trade. I had a CW9 and CW40 before and liked them but traded them away. I bought this spring kit from galloway to try but could never get the back plate off and gave up. I still have the kit. Does anyone know if it will work in the CW45? This Kahr has the best trigger on any Kahr that I ever tried but I like to tinker.

https://gallowayprecision.com/kahr/r...cm40-cw9-cw40/

(Also on a side note, this week I test fired the CW45 and was sorely disappointed when the slide stop starting backing out and havoc soon followed. It's a 2012 model. I called Kahr about a new slide stop spring as I heard the part was upgraded in later models. I fully expected to have to pay for the spring. They never even asked for the serial number. The tech that answered the phone discussed the problem with me and said lets try a new spring. No charge, free. They had it to me in two days. I test fire tomorrow but all seems to work better now. Wish me luck.)

I have a correction. the kit I ordered was from Wolff Springs not Galloway Precision. Just a package of three 5lb striker springs at a great price.

(SKU# 32321 KAHR RP STRIKER SPRING 5 LB Pak of 3 7.49)
    Fits all Kahrs except .380 models. So I watched the Galloway vid and the great info collected here to detail strip my CW45. I'm glad I did. The striker channel, extractor spring channel and striker block assy was full of oil and brass bits. Previous owner must have oiled it at some point. I used Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber Synthetic Safe cleaner to clean everything out and reassembled those parts without lube as its my understanding thats the correct way to do it. Since I had it apart I cleaned then polished the feed ramp with my dremel pad and mothers polish. Then I cleaned and lubed the rest of the gun. I will test fire tomorrow and report back. The trigger pull is better but not too light.

I'm also interested in the Galloway kit. But I watched the video and there's a better way to disassemble the slide using the slide stop to hold back the striker spring.

https://youtu.be/mi3VFRll2L4

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have the Galloway kit for my CM9. It does makes the trigger a little lighter but it seems a little mushier. I have the original parts back in after a factory repair and was going to switch to the Galloway kit to see if I liked it enough to keep it in.

If you try it, I'd be interested in what you think of it.