Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: cw9 shoots low

Default cw9 shoots low

I recently purchased a CW9 and it tends to shoot low?Is this typical for this pistol?By the way,my first Kahr....Thanks

It's quite common for new Kahr owners to shoot low and left if they are right handed. It's getting used to the long but smooth trigger.
    Keep shooting, I'll bet it gets better as you bond with it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yup...exactly what Bawanna said. One thing I've founds shooting Kahrs is that my trigger finger automatically wants to go to the trigger close to the distal interphalangeal joint, because of the thinness of the grip. This caused me to pull the gun left while shooting. I've been retraining to make sure that the pad of my finger is used to pull and this has helped a lot. Got to work on my muscle memory.....
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

^^^^ That's it in a nutshell. I've found after shooting something like my 1911, and go back to my Kahr, I have to really watch my grip and trigger pull or I shoot the target's toes off.

Out of the 5 CW9's I have/had, I did have one that shot left. I even swapped parts out between the others trying to fix it and nothing doing, so I got rid of it and bought another one. It's possible you have a pistol like that... but make sure your shooting technique is correct before getting too excited about it. A smooth linear pull straight into the pistol, not a death grip pull into your hand... that's how I explain it to everyone I let shoot my Kahrs.

Thanks guys!Good advice! I will work on that today....

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Had my CW45 for a while now and it's the only gun I need to cover the point I want to put a hole in with the front sight, every other handgun I own I lollipop the front sight by setting the target on top of the front sight post.

I'm so use to it now that it is automatic cover target and row row row the trigger.,

^^yes, this too. These guns are set up so you cover the target with the front sight for a hit, not a 6 o'clock hold. 6 o'clock hold will net low hits.

Quote Originally Posted by york10 View Post
    I recently purchased a CW9 and it tends to shoot low?Is this typical for this pistol?By the way,my first Kahr....Thanks
    What bullet weight??
    If 115, try 124.
    If 124, try 147
    It's what I'd do...
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.