Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best EDC

Default Best EDC

I am convinced that the best every day carry handguns available today are the Ruger LCR for the revolver fan and the Kahr "C" series for those who prefer the semi automatic.

My coice is the LCRX , both the 1.87 and 3 inch versions in 38 Special. I just like a hammer. On the automatic side I chose the CT380. The handle is just big enough that a can get enough of my pinky finger on it to get a purchase. And the CW45. It just fits me like a glove.

I think 2018 would be a good year to add to my collection. The LCR in 327 Federal. I know, it has a shrouded hammer, but honestly, I shoot the "X" models just about as well double action as single action. Just maybe hammerless would be easier to carry. And the Kahr in 9mm, maybe the ST9. I don't care for the built in rail, I'm not hanging nothing off my pistol, but I do like the slide a bit better than the "C" series slide.

The best EDC is the one that works best for you.

In my case, it's neither of the ones you've chosen.
    NRA Benefactor

That would make 2 of us.............................................

My EDCs are a DW CCO 1911 ( I thought I would be carrying a CZ PCR, but I have reverted back to what I'm used to.) and a PM 9 or a S&W model 60-7 in my left front pocket, usually the PM9.

I have recently had to attend a funeral or two for fallen comrades, and for those, because of the way my suit wears, I only carry a small little SA .25ACP Beretta, that I cherish. I only consider it slightly better than a pointy stick.

Inside the house, I only have a small .380 in my pocket, today it's a LCP, sometimes it's a CW380. Depends on the season.

-K
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    My EDCs are a DW CCO 1911 ( I thought I would be carrying a CZ PCR, but I have reverted back to what I'm used to.) and a PM 9 or a S&W model 60-7 in my left front pocket, usually the PM9.

I have recently had to attend a funeral or two for fallen comrades, and for those, because of the way my suit wears, I only carry a small little SA .25ACP Beretta, that I cherish. I only consider it slightly better than a pointy stick.

Inside the house, I only have a small .380 in my pocket, today it's a LCP, sometimes it's a CW380. Depends on the season.

-K
    I no longer feel a need to carry a gun in my house. Wife and I came to amistice/truce terms a bit of awhile back.
    NRA Benefactor

Itxi,
    We have been married for decades, still I worry. I doubt the .380 would stop a charging spouse.
    NRA Benefactor

Yeah...We've both found our ASP batons do an adequate job with less messy after the fact police interviews and paper work.
    NRA Benefactor

I shot the CZ 75 D Compact last week and was fond of it except for the price. Very accurate. I keep my Ruger P345 bedside and I still love it and could carry it if I had to. My PM45 is still my EDC. I also shot it last week at the same session and was just as accurate with it as with the CZ 75 D Compact. Considering how much easier it is to carry my Kahr will continue to be my companion.
    Sent from the ethers by magic.
    Archeologists have discovered that ancient people loved to drink from broken cups.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post

-K
    I still carry my CBob 1911 and PM45. I've cut back on full time ankle carry due to real or imagined chances of betrayal at work but things seem to be back to normal now so might start hanging it on every day again. I hate rolling around the office nekkid. Been looking at the PCR myself but as you seem to demonstrate, I'm not sure the PCR would ever replace the CBob. Don't mean I don't still want one of course.
    I had a fella bring in a little Llama Compact 380 today, cute little bugger. I thought it was 9 at first then saw 9mm Kurz.......Sure was sweet in hand though, only 380 I ever had a hankering for and I probably would never carry it either but sure like to have it. Pretty nice.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have a few that I rotate depending on the situation and my mood. Most days and times it's a S&W 642 with VZ grips. Rides in a pocket fine and has decent power, but also I have little money invested and zero emotion in the piece (got it cheap second hand). If I have to use it I don't care if I loose it...
    The next is my P380, with its trijicon sights and super thin profile, it rides with me to the finer social event of life. I mean what could be more classy than Kahr with night sights? Again it carries in one pocket covered in a desantis nemesis and with a mag packer holding the spare mag in another.
    I picked up a RM380 the other day. It was a good price and some day I'll get a $100 buck of it back if the rebate works. It is pretty close to the Kahr in size but a touch more chunky. It needs some trigger work and then I'll add VZ grips but my wife likes it as she can rack it waaaaaay easier than the P380. It'll need a few hundred rounds of test ammo run through it before it can go into the rotation, but it seems to ride well in a pocket. Time will tell.
    My normal wardrobe and my dislike of untucked shirts makes pocket carry my normal mode. When I am more formally dressed, I have an ex-NYPD K9 that rides in a IWB leather holster with a spare mag in a pocket holster. That's my "Sunday-go-to-meeting" carry set up.
    I like all of my choices and I feel safe enough for facing any likely threats behind any one of them (except for the RM380 for right now).
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!