Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best EDC

Default Weekdays - Ruger LC9s Pro / Weekends - Hk P2000 357 LEM

Although I can see the retirement light at the end of the tunnel.
    I'm still working 5 days a week these days.
    In business casual that dictates pocket carry.
    Ruger LC9s Pro loaded with Federal HST Micro 150 gr 9mm gets the call.
    It's got TFX Pro hybrid tritium fiber optic sights that work great day or night.
    And one of the best striker triggers on any gun I've got (tied with my MK40 Elite).
    Love the SS Kahr, but it's a little heavy in the pocket for me.

Weekends, on a belt, I switch with several guns depending on my mood.
    Generally run a Hk P2000 LEM loaded with Underwood 125 gr GDHP 357 Sig.
    With a Ruger LCP .380 running Hornady XTP Custom as a BUG.

Just picked up 1998 SS USP Compact 40 DA/SA.
    Converting to light LEM and adding OEM 357 Sig barrel/mags soon.
    That's definitely going to get some carry time

I am a huge fan of Ruger, especially of their revolvers. Carried a SP101 for a lot of years, along with a GP100 3 inch. When the LCR came out, I was interested because of it's light weight but like I noted above I like a hammer, so I shied away from it. Bought the Taurus Protector Polymer when it came out. Liked it well enough, it was certainly easier to carry than the SP101 being lighter. Bought it's big brother the Public Defender Polymer. My biggest gripe with either of the Tauri is the heavy double action trigger.

When Ruger released the LCRX I bought one, it's head and shoulders above the Taurus. When they released the 3 inch model, I bought one as well. They are carried more than anything else I own.

I was never a big fan of semi automatics. The Ruger MKII and the Colt 1911 being my only two for a long time. My first 9mm was the Sig Sauer 938. I thought I would carry the Sig but I just never did carry much. The LCP was interesting, but I chose the Taurus TCP., The BSS model. Carried the TCP in my front pocket long enough to wear most of the finish off that was not covered by the holster. It finally wore to the point that the magazine started popping loose. I replaced it with the LCPII. Ruger fixed everything I thought was wrong with the LCP. I love the trigger!

Still, I was wanting a 9mm. Chose the S&W Shield. My experience with the TCP had me convinced that a manual safety had no place on a semi automatic designed for social work. Simple solution, I didn't use it. Liked the shield a lot and shot it well. But after the second time I unholstered it and the safety was engaged it had to go. S&W had just releases the Shield sans a safety so my intent was to trade it for a safety less Shield. At the shop I handled the Kahr CW45. I didn't know the C series Kahr even existed. The CW45 fit me like it was custom made. I put the Shield back and bought the Kahr. It was ordered for a customer who ordered the CT380 as well, but never showed to pick them up. I bought them both.

Bought the Ruger LC9S Pro when it came out. I will not own a semi automatic with a magazine disconnects, and the Pro did away with that, as well as the manual safety. Plus it has a very good trigger. I like it quite well, but I think it's just a little thin in the grip. Easily fixed with a slip on grip, but I don't like those so I just live with it. I don't in I will get the Kahr 9mm though probably either the CT or ST model.

FWIW, it was mentioned earlier about untucked shirt tails. I don't like them either. All my carry guns, except the pocket guns, ride n MTR Custom Leather tuckable holsters. The Dual Carry model. With the clips that go behind the belt, it's very hard to see, and when open carry, or the rare untucked shirt is the order of the day, it's very easy to convert the holster to an OWB pancake style.

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    I no longer feel a need to carry a gun in my house. Wife and I came to amistice/truce terms a bit of awhile back.
    The wife used to always ask why I felt the need to always carry, even at home. I always quipped that 100% of home invasions happened in the home.

A while back friends of ours had a bad experience with an intruder. When the wife was hit by the perp, the husband was stabbed when he went to her defense. The wife has said nothing to me since, and the friend has since had firearm instruction and become a gun owner.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wxii1...county/2060296

^ In fairness....while I don't carry a gun around at home, I do have a few within easy reach in our living areas. Thinking about it, I wouldn't feel comfortable otherwise....despite that we live in a "no crime" neighborhood with no easy/through access.
    NRA Benefactor

The first firearm I started to carry was my MK9, and it continues to be a firearm I carry every day. If the occasion arises, or I have to be dressed up, or I wear a belt, I will carry my HK P2000SK in .40 cal, or my M&P compact in .40 cal. Settled on these for my protection/carry firearms. Carried a compact 1911 for a while, but I don't really care for any kind of safety. I'm a point and shoot kind of guy, and having anything to do besides just that, takes too long. You can practice all you want, but when your thumb decides to not work that day, or arthritis is playing games, I'd rather not have to do anything extra. I don't carry one around the house unless I go outside, but I usually have one nearby. The wife keeps hers handy also. She owns an SP101. I'm always trying to trade her

[QUOTE=berettabone;392376]The first firearm I started to carry was my MK9, and it continues .............

Damn...other than for work mine was an M36, Chiefs Special...until Smith came out with the Model 60.
    NRA Benefactor

Nothing wrong with either one of those