Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My friends Bersa problem. Ideas?

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

At 52 seconds your thumb comes off the magazine release under recoil -
    In the 1 min 20 sec time on your second attempt to shoot single handed - watch ALL of your fingers as your trigger finger pulls the trigger, ALL of your other fingers clench the frame - your thumb is over the mag release while the rest of your fingers are tightening up. The mag drops again.

Can't comment on your friend with the black shirt.

PLEASE REVIEW HOW YOU CHARGE THE WEAPON ! ! ! ! !

@ 21 sec.
    @ 43 sec.
    @ 1 Min 14 sec.
    @ 1 Min 35 sec.
    @ 1 Min 48 sec.
    @ 2 Min 42 sec.

Every single time someone on the provided video chambers a live round - a finger was on the trigger.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Slugnutty; 11-22-2017 at 09:22 PM.

I have a Bersa UC 45 Pro model, and that model is known to have problems with the mag catch breaking. The mag catch is a three-piece setup where one part of the tube is spring loaded into the other side. The tab that holds the mag can break, locking the mag in the gun intermittently. Like your example, the mag release can be very hard to press because the broken parts are interfering with each other, but sometimes, with enough manipulation the parts will align and the mag release will operate. The solution is the replacement of the 3piece mag catch assembly (which are often sold out). I have replaced mine twice in 8 years.

This is not exactly the same problem you are having, but I would take a good look at the mag catch. You have to press and turn the screw in the catch assembly 90 degrees to get it out (not easy!). Good Luck !!

Thanks all. JohnR's link provided the solution. His link connected him to Wolfgang, an authorized repairman, who has corrected this problem before. It's sad that the Bersa office in NJ doesn't intercommmunicate with their gunsmiths. Had the Ohio guy known Wolfgang in Oregon the problem would have been eliminated years ago.
    Sent from the ethers by magic.
    Archeologists have discovered that ancient people loved to drink from broken cups.

We need closure here. What was the magic trick to cure it?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Slugnutty View Post
    At 52 seconds your thumb comes off the magazine release under recoil -
    In the 1 min 20 sec time on your second attempt to shoot single handed - watch ALL of your fingers as your trigger finger pulls the trigger, ALL of your other fingers clench the frame - your thumb is over the mag release while the rest of your fingers are tightening up. The mag drops again.

Can't comment on your friend with the black shirt.

PLEASE REVIEW HOW YOU CHARGE THE WEAPON ! ! ! ! !

@ 21 sec.
    @ 43 sec.
    @ 1 Min 14 sec.
    @ 1 Min 35 sec.
    @ 1 Min 48 sec.
    @ 2 Min 42 sec.

Every single time someone on the provided video chambers a live round - a finger was on the trigger.

Good luck.
    slugnutty, I'm the black sleeved shooter. I'll show the gun owner your comments. He was certainly not exercising gun safety when racking the slide. Since I was the other shooter and I never pressed the mag release during shooting and it fell out, and Wolfgang in Oregon has seen and repaired the problem in the past, I'm pretty sure the owner, the first shooter, wasn't either. To eject the magazine on purpose a great deal of pressure has to be applied. When I'm shooting my finger is always off the trigger until I'm ready to shoot. When the mag dropped at 2:13 I take my finger off the trigger and raise the barrel indicating cease firing. The one time I had to re-rack, my finger was alongside the barrel (2:34).

Unrelatedly, he's in his mid 60s. He has a poor stance that causes him to pull his shots left. However, I'm not his shooting coach and I'm not sure he'd be receptive to my suggestions unless they are related to gun safety. I will show him his safety errors. We shot about 425 rounds of 9mm after the video recording using a Taurus PT-111 and a CZ P75 D Compact. I'm glad I have my PM45, which is the same size and way more accurate than the Taurus, although the CZ is nice and quite accurate, if a bit pricey. I don't plan on ever buying a 9mm cc but if I did I'd get a PM9.

Thanks for for your help.
    Archeologists have discovered that ancient people loved to drink from broken cups.

At this point the gun is in Ohio, along with a DVD of four raw video clips and a link to Wolfgang. NJ has also been notified.

On a side note, the Bersa Thunder almost became my first gun. The sales guy recommended it, it fit my hand, and I put it on layaway at Hyatt's here in Charlotte. I did further research, shot some 9 mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. I went back, paid the restocking fee and carried out my Ruger P345, which I love. It's about the size of a G30 but is actually slightly smaller and lighter. It's a bit large for EDC so I bought the PM45. I like it very much.

I got my Cbob from Hyatts years ago. My son in laws family is in the Charlotte area.
    I bought it on line, never been east of the Mississippi myself.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."