Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CT380, CW380, Shield question

Default CT380, CW380, Shield question

Hello all

New to the forum here and looking to pick up a new Kahr. I’m torn between the CT380 and the CW380. Currently I have a Shield that I just cannot seem to carry in any capicity. No matter where or how I carry it, I hate it. For the most part carry a seecamp because it’s just too darn easy and now would like something with a little more bite.

I'm curious about how the CT380 stacks up in size against the Shield? (Different calibers I know) The obvious choice would be the CW for size reduction but if I can gain an extra round and a bit more grip and still shrink away from the Shield that would be awesome.

I’d love to know your thoughts and if any of you have the guns and might add some pictures comparing them that would be amazing. Thanks again

I myself have more than one firearm, to carry in different situations. The Shield is a fine carry firearm. I own an M&P myself. Sounds like your looking for comfort. I'd be happy to purchase your Shield.

I like the CT380 because it is so easy to shoot, and is a lot less bulky than the Shield (gave one of those to my daughter-in-law). The CW380 is just a bit too small for my grip, plus I've read how finicky they can be.
    My CT380 eats everything except WWB.

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I’d gladly sell it to you haha. I really am looking for comfort. I’ve become spoiled with the seecamp.

Was the ctw noticeably smaller than the Shield? I’m looking for a nice small iwb carry.

The CT 380 is noticably smaller than the shield. Maybe an inch shorter in length, 1/3 inch shorter in height ( if using the extended shield magazine) and 1/4 inch thinner. I have large hands and can get enough of my pinkie on the grip of the CT380 and not have to fold it under the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    Was the ctw noticeably smaller than the Shield? I’m looking for a nice small iwb carry.
    Yes, the CT380 is noticeably smaller, particularly in thickness. I pocket carry mine. The Shield is somewhat "bulky" in comparison, but isn't a pocket carry gun at all - very good for OWB though.

The CT is 5.52" long, 4.4" high, and .75" thick.
    The Shield is 6.1" long, 4.6" high, and .95" thick.

Of course the Shield is a 9mm vs. the lesser .380.

I recently bought a CW9 which is slightly less bulky & smaller than the Shield. I'll be totin' it IWB whenever it gets "broken in" (haven't shot it yet). The CW9 is 5.9" long, 4.5" high, and .9" thick.
    The CM9 is still smaller - about like the CT380, but thicker.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

With either Kahr I think you’ll notice a big improvement in the trigger vs the Shield.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Like they say, sometimes a pic is worth a thousand words.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Yes, the CT380 is noticeably smaller, particularly in thickness. I pocket carry mine. The Shield is somewhat "bulky" in comparison, but isn't a pocket carry gun at all - very good for OWB though.

The CT is 5.52" long, 4.4" high, and .75" thick.
    The Shield is 6.1" long, 4.6" high, and .95" thick.

Of course the Shield is a 9mm vs. the lesser .380.

I recently bought a CW9 which is slightly less bulky & smaller than the Shield. I'll be totin' it IWB whenever it gets "broken in" (haven't shot it yet). The CW9 is 5.9" long, 4.5" high, and .9" thick.
    The CM9 is still smaller - about like the CT380, but thicker.

and then the CW380 is even smaller than that?