Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CT380, CW380, Shield question

Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    Thank you everyone! This has been super helpful. Now I just need to choose between the CT or CW
    With the Magguts inserts, the CW380 becomes 7+1, an amazing thing for its size. They seem to work really well for most folks too.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

If anyone in Michigan wants to buy a Shield let me know haha.

Absolutely, I have them in my CT & CW 380 along with your fantastic striker. I personally believe every Kahr 380 should use both!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    With the Magguts inserts, the CW380 becomes 7+1, an amazing thing for its size. They seem to work really well for most folks too.

I would suggest that you take a look at the PM/CM9. Only slightly bigger than the CW380, with 9mm power. I have the Shield, CW380, P380, and PM9. The PM9 and CW/P380s are easy to pocket carry. The shield is great for 4 o'clock IWB, but then I need a coat or shirt over it.

Totally agree with Charlie's recommendation.

My CM/PM9 is usually in my pocket in warmer weather with most pants I wear. For those rare occasions where I have to wear something they don't fit as easily in, there's always my CW380. It's the no excuse gun.

Something to keep in mind with the CW380 is that you can always make the grip bigger, but you can't make the CT380 smaller. By using a 7 round magazine in the CW380, you get the increased grip length, and if you put a MagGuts kit in the 7 round mag, you have an amazing 8+1 capacity.

Some of the latest generations of modern 380 self defense rounds have the power of +P 38 special rounds. I carry Underwood Xtreme Defender +P rounds in my CW380 - it works great in it.

With that ammo and the 7 round mag with the MagGuts kit, you now have a weapon with 8+1 capacity. Just as powerful as a 38 snubby revolver, with almost twice the round count.

If needed, you can always downsize the mag to the 6 rounder, and with MagGuts you still have 7+1 capacity, and it fits anywhere!

When it comes to the ultimate concealed carry, while still having adequate firepower, Kahr is king of the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Totally agree with Charlie's recommendation.

My CM/PM9 is usually in my pocket in warmer weather with most pants I wear. For those rare occasions where I have to wear something they don't fit as easily in, there's always my CW380. It's the no excuse gun.

Something to keep in mind with the CW380 is that you can always make the grip bigger, but you can't make the CT380 smaller. By using a 7 round magazine in the CW380, you get the increased grip length, and if you put a MagGuts kit in the 7 round mag, you have an amazing 8+1 capacity.

Some of the latest generations of modern 380 self defense rounds have the power of +P 38 special rounds. I carry Underwood Xtreme Defender +P rounds in my CW380 - it works great in it.

With that ammo and the 7 round mag with the MagGuts kit, you now have a weapon with 8+1 capacity. Just as powerful as a 38 snubby revolver, with almost twice the round count.

If needed, you can always downsize the mag to the 6 rounder, and with MagGuts you still have 7+1 capacity, and it fits anywhere!

When it comes to the ultimate concealed carry, while still having adequate firepower, Kahr is king of the hill.
    Thank you for the advice! So you would recommend the CW? I do want ultimate concealability.

In a nutshell - yes.

They're as good as 380 gets.

I prefer 9mm, but if I can't carry a 9mm, I want a REALLY good 380. The CW380 is it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieR View Post
    I would suggest that you take a look at the PM/CM9. Only slightly bigger than the CW380, with 9mm power. I have the Shield, CW380, P380, and PM9. The PM9 and CW/P380s are easy to pocket carry. The shield is great for 4 o'clock IWB, but then I need a coat or shirt over it.
    For my taste, the PM9 is just a bit too thick for comfortable pocket carry. That's why I gave it to one of my sons and bought the new CW9 which will be for IWB or OWB totin'. The CT380 & my LCP are for front strong side pocket carry. The thinness of the CT feels better in that pocket than the PM9 ever did.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieR View Post
    I agree with CharlieR. I pocket carry in Wrangler jeans every day in a Mica holster.

I am going to go with the CW380. Once I sell my Shield I will pick one up.