Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: New Member - Not Really but I've been gone a bit

Default New Member - Not Really but I've been gone a bit

Howdy All,

I'm Chris aka Tinman. I hail from Pennsylvania the land of awesome gun laws, high fuel prices and the worst potholes in the country.
    I used to be a regular member here and then real life sort of intervened. To make matters worse I was mosly Kahr-less for about 2˝ years. I had my beloved K-9 stolen in the summer of 2015. I was heartbroken. I loved that firearm. I got partial restitution from the mutt who stole it and then he became reincarcerated so I am waiting for the rest. It's liable to be a long wait. And I am ok with that.... I never got around to replacing that firearm, until today.....

Out of the clear blue this morning I got a Black Friday email from Kahr Arms touting all the cool things I can't live without. I opened it and it got my Kahr juices flowing once again. I decided just on a whim to look at Gunbroker and see if there were any used K-9's for sale and lo & behold there's this cute lil very dark all black K-9 number for sale at a local gunshop. It was in my partial restitution price range so I put a bid on it. A few bid raises later and I became the proud owner of the purdiest lil K-9 you ever did see. She's spotless and only has a few lil wear spots. For her age (1995) she's really pretty but has that air of quiet sexiness about her. Oh wait...we're talking about guns here...sorry, got lost in the moment. At any rate, I thought I would drop by and say hi and share my good fortune with my old buds here at Kahrtalk.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Tinman! You never really went away, you've always been here and I've wondered about you many times during your absence.

I know a few others Greg for one have inquired about you as well. I do hope this is a sign that you'll be visiting once again on a more regular basis.

Owning a Kahr is NOT a prerequisite for playing.

Look for a PM from me momentarily.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wow! Blast from the past. Glad you're back and congratulations on your "new" Kahr. My favorite is my Black P40 with a ported barrel.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Welcome home prodigal son
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Welcome Stranger, I have a black K9 too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Thank you all!!
    Oh I forgot protocol. Pics or it didn't happen right?

Attached Images Attached Images

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Welcome back!
    That's a good looking K9 I have some bias in that regards as my K9 is of similar vintage
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Great to hear from you again! Beautiful pistol and hope to hear from you more often.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...