Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a new PM40-need info on prepping it for break in rounds

Default I have a new PM40-need info on prepping it for break in rounds

Hello, this is my first post, so bear with me please! I have read that there are some areas on this PM40 model that can be cleaned up and polished to make running the break in rounds perform more consistently. Can someone give me the specifics of what can be done, and where? I read (using the search forum) that the followers on some 9mm models are a problem, and both the followers and springs can be upgraded in the mags. Is this a good/necessary upgrade right away, or should I run 100 rounds thru it first to see? Any other info related to this model would be helpful, ammo, holsters, laser sights..Thanks in advance-

I'd just give it a thorough cleaning and re apply lube. I tend to run a little wet for break in.

I'd shoot it first using good name brand FMJ ammo. If there are issues then address them.

Some 40's do have a tendency to break followers. The feed ramp is sometimes just a bit long. Hopefully that's addressed and no longer an issue.
    If it isn't then that's one thing to address with shortening the feed ramp and maybe some Lakeline follower although Kahr will replace the broken ones.

Basically don't fix what isn't broke. In the immortal words of our good friend Jocko, shoot it like you stole it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thank you sir, I have seen your name around in this forum, and am fortunate to have an icon answer me! Do you have any favorite places/sites for accessories? Thanks again!

I've been called a lot of things but this is the first time I been called an icon.......is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Far as places go I don't really have a favorite, I frankly haven't had to or wanted to order much extra stuff.

Extra mags of course and I'm cheap so I shop for those so places vary.

The Kahr shop and Lakeline pretty much take care of everything else one might need.

Nice to order everything you need and even for friends so the shipping cost now days doesn't ruin the deal.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    this is the first time I been called an icon.......is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    Do you think rumblemonkey may have meant to call you a "cion" meaning a "progeny". That would make you a son of a gun. Either way, I'd take it as a compliment. :-)

Yes, it was meant as a compliment! "
    widely known and acknowledged especially for distinctive excellence
    "- No worries, thanks for the info!

Bawanna is the best, but if you like to tinker it would not hurt to follow the "Preping a Kahr for use" sticky in the new members area.

Bawanna, don't get too big a head... icon is an old indian word that means "farts in his teepee a lot".

Don't you just love old indian words?
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I can live with that. Already wear near size 8 hat, don't think my heads getting on bigger, can't hardly find a hat now.

ooo, gotta go to the teepee.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Thanks dustnchips, I looked at the new members section on this, and it was a big help! Good advice!