Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a new PM40-need info on prepping it for break in rounds

So...at a recent gun show, I purchased some lubes in the upcoming range/break in, Tetra, TW25b, EWL, used the tetra, and have some others. I polished the feed ramp with Flitz and a Dremel, used 800 grit on the feed lips of the mags, and am ready to go to the range tomorrow. Mag springs are ok from the factory. Could someone re-post the lubrication points of the PM 40 ? The earlier posts did not work. Thanks Follow up-to be posted-I bought some different ammo to see how it feeds-

Thumbs up

^^^ Here ya go...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

Way cool, thanks!

I am going to follow the advice and see what happens just bought a pm 40 my first kahr

When I was breaking in my PM40 I 1st cleaned and lubed it. I Frog Lube all my firearms, but just clean and lube with the products of your choice.
    I lock the slide open and load all the mags and let them sit in the safe for a week. It helps "seat" the springs.
    For ammo I only used Federal American Eagle, Sig Sauer Elite Performance & Speer Lawman are my go to's but any other quality ammo should be fine. I use only 180Gr FMJ ammo no 165Gr, 158Gr. 155Gr or 135gr. I always break in a gun with the heavy for caliber round. For example I only use 147Gr. FMJ to break in a 9mm and 230Gr FMJ for .45ACP. In my experience many quality firearms will experience a higher rate of failures with light for caliber ammo when new. My FHN FNX-9 would not reliably cycle 115gr. 9mm until broken in. It ran 147gr. with out fail and now runs 115Gr. like a champ. I also only use FMJ to break in a gun.
    Since I started following this process I have not had a single failure of any kind with any of my handguns. I am a lefty and I even slingshot the slide on my PM40 and have never had an issue with the gun performing as it's supposed to.