Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go Hmmmm....

Default Things that make you go Hmmmm....

So it was beautiful 70 degree day and I took a 1/2 day vacation to go to the range. Got there and the place was empty. Had it all to myself.

Fired 250 rounds through through SP-01 and it was flawless. Up to 500 rounds now and one can rapid fire a whole magazine at 10 yards and all of them stay on a paper plate. Excellent. No recoil to mention at all.

Then I think let me run a box through the P-01 since I've been carrying it. Well about 25 rounds in I had a true stovepipe. Never had that happen before in my whole life. Gun extracted the fired casing, picked up the next round and fed it most of the way in but the empty didn't eject all the way. Sweeped out the fired casing with my hand and continued problem free as the next round was chambered. That was about round number 1575 for the P-01. Granted it was target ammo (actually seemed a little on the hot end of the spectrum) but I had never had that happen before. Now I'm thinking to myself I have to test it some more. Got to put the P30sk back into the carry rotation now.

Things that make you go Hmmm....
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That's one of them things would make me go Crap, not Hmmm, and then worry me to death next lotta times I went to the grocery store.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    That's one of them things would make me go Crap, not Hmmm, and then worry me to death next lotta times I went to the grocery store.
    Thank you. I no longer feel alone because that's exactly how I really felt.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Who's to say the P30SK wouldn't malfunction? Anything made by man can fail.

Clearing the jam, and making good fast decisions are your best defense against this kind of thing.

Dust off the CW380. The old New York reload will soothe the nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post

Dust off the CW380. The old New York reload will soothe the nerves.
    Its actually still working good. I'm happy with it so far.

Visit here:

Must be story time this occurred a couple of years ago. I don't generally shoot the days carry gun during a range trip but after a few hundred rounds of 45 that little voice kept telling me to fire the PM9. What the heck I'll fire a mag of sd rounds. Three rounds in and no trigger, no reset, nothing. Dropped the slide and low and behold a broken trigger bar. So I packed up, discussed it with the gunsmith an he said "I told you the rental Kahrs brake trigger bars."

Kind of lucky it broke when it did.

I never heard about the trigger bar issue.
    Did the gunsmith say what round count the failure was likely to occur?

Thanks for the information.

There is always a chance that you had a little limp wrist on that shot. You did say that you had fired 225 rds.

I've never heard of broken trigger bars either.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    There is always a chance that you had a little limp wrist on that shot. You did say that you had fired 225 rds.
    I thought about that and it could be the case. Good news was the round in the empty that stovepiped hit its target so maybe I wouldn't have needed that next round immediately.

Visit here: