CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: new Kahr owner here from Pittsburgh

Default new Kahr owner here from Pittsburgh

Just bought a CM9. Haven't shot it yet. But I did take it apart to just have a look, maybe grease the rails a bit. WOW was it hard as hell to disassemble and then reassemble. But I finally did manage to do it. Been reading a bit about how these guns are finicky with certain types of ammo. Just bought a bunch of S&B 115grain, so I hope they will work ok.
    Will report after I shoot it this coming Sunday. Also from what I've read on here, already planning on purchasing a larger, grip extension magazine and a some sticky grip tape to help with holding it.

Welcome sturg, glad you found us. Disassembly will get easier with time and practice, no worries there.
    I don't agree that these guns are finicky on ammo. They have preferences and but once broken in should shoot everything. They do like full power loads as opposed to girly man powder puff stuff especially during break in.
    The grip extension is personal choice. In my mind I don't see the point in taking a small gun and making it bigger, I'd rather buy a bigger gun but again whatever works for you is the ideal answer.

I'd shoot it also before the sticky tape, you might get along fine, that which sticks can become unstuck. Many use a piece of inner tube, I did that for awhile until I stippled my grip to reduce the aggressiveness a bit. I like it much better than the innertube or rubber grip sleeve.

Hope she runs good for you and you come back with a happy no issues report.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Second trip to the range. Gun is closer to being fully broken in. Ran a bunch of different ammo through it.....not a single issue. Very reliable. Accuracy, however, is another thing. I started off with some 147 grain stuff; very inaccurate. At 20 feet, some shots not even on the cardboard! Then later I figured out that squeezing the trigger slowly, with no anticipation of when it will go off, is important for accuracy. I will be patient and hopefully accuracy improves.