Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Kahr Talk a turn off to some

Default Is Kahr Talk a turn off to some

I recommend Kahr pistols to everyone I talk guns with. Most never heard of them. When they cruise the web and find this site their turned off. So, is all the negativity here giving Kahr any justice?

1. Negativity here?
    2. They have never heard of Kahr? Do they know what a gun is?
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I often post links to KahrTalk in other forums.
    Many times it's in a thread where the OP is having problems with a Kahr and the link I post is to a thread here that has dealt with and resolved the specific problem.

My post/link is most often ignored, with the OP just continuing to whine about the problem/the gun/Kahr.
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    1. Negativity here?
    2. They have never heard of Kahr? ..........
    Ditto
    NRA Benefactor

There are complaints on here, but if they take the time to read the whole thread they will see that most problems are solved. I do think that most people on here are picky about how their guns run because they depend on them. This is not true of all shooters and I think that most people own the Kahrs to carry them. Casual range shooters will not worry about the occasional malfunction. This forum is full of problem solvers and answers to what ails Kahrs. If a forum full of answers is a turnoff let them go elsewhere.

I thought that was why the forum is here. To discuss Kahr guns. If someone is having a problem this is the place to take it. There are very many knowledgeable people here who are friendly and willing to lend a hand. I hate to say it but all Kahrs are not perfect and sometimes we need a little help. (I wouldn't say that about a Glock on the Glock forum or a Colt on Arfcom for fear of being banned!!!).

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I don't know whats going on but I just did a search for the user "deadeye" and it said "user cannot be found."

I personally love my Kahrs and am hoping santa brings me a PM9 for Christmas to go with my P380 and CM45!!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

You think there's a lot of ******* here, check out the Ruger LCP forum sometime. And there's probably 10 LCPs for every Kahr out there. Anyway my theory is that Kahr is by choice a smaller company than Glock or Ruger. They're not producing or trying to produce as many guns as bigger gun makers, and they're selling em about as fast as they turn them out, so I wouldn't worry about Kahr. I do worry a little about potential owners denying themselves a sweet carry gun by paying too much attention to negativity on the web. They're missing out.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I don't think Kahr has the name recognition like, say, Glock or Ruger, certainly not S&W or Colt. Although they produce many different pistols, 90% of them are for, basically, carry purposes, so that puts them in a niche. If Kahr made rifles, shotguns, revolvers and other stuff, they would have a broader appeal and, by default, more name recognition. Also, the poly auto market is flooded with suitable candidates; looking for a suitable pistol in the vein of a CW9? There are likely 20 direct competitors... that's a lot of competition.

It's interesting to note, I have a Ruger revolver that I'm having some serious problems with, posting about it on other forums I'm pretty much ignored, or ridiculed... because Ruger makes the best revolvers evarrr, don't you know. I've always found a fair reception here at KahrTalk. One other thing that might be a turn-off is the lack of participation... KT does not have the post volume some of the bigger sites do; I'm OK with that, but people looking for instant answers will go to where the action is.