Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has .327 Federal Magnum experience?

Armybrat -- that 100 gr. Federal AE is the hottest loading I have tried in my 327's -- I currently shoot .327 in 4 pistols and a rifle. The 100 gr. AE is rated at 500 ft/lb, and the 85 gr. AE is rated at 400 ft/lb. I find that the 85's are much more comfortable to shoot in my handguns. In my Henry it is not an issue. The 100 AE jams up my original 3 inch SP101, but the 85 AE and .32 H&R Magnums run fine and are fun to shoot. YMMV. I hope you enjoy your new SP101 !!

FYI, you can shoot other rimmed .32 ammo in .327 revolvers, like H&R Mag, 32 S&W -- the semi rimmed .32 ACP will fit, but it will not extract very well and can suffer from light strikes (in my experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Hmm, I didn't know one could shoot 32 H&R or other 32 caliber cartridges.

I was a bit under the spell of the 327 for awhile but managed to escape without being fully lured in.

I'd personally like to see more 38 Special non +P around. The lightweight and alloy J Frames are just better without. Especially for my wife.

Everything now days seems to be +P
    I get the wife's .38 at Target Sports USA................usually have a decent selection.

I was a bit under the spell of the 327 for awhile but managed to escape without being fully lured in.

I'd personally like to see more 38 Special non +P around. The lightweight and alloy J Frames are just better without. Especially for my wife.

I am loading my S&W Airweight with the new Ruger ARX 38 special non +p round...It has a light for caliber copper/polymer non expanding bullet that looks like a Phillips head screw driver tip.....The rounds are much lighter than lead hollow point and weigh 77 grains but produce almost 1200 fps out of a short snub barrel....The ballistic tests on this and the almost identical Black Hills round produce a large wound channel in gel then start to tumble and penetrate 12 to 14 inches...The recoil is very light with very little muzzle flash...This round is a good self defense round for someone who carries a light short barrel handgun and is recoil sensitive....
    "The roots of the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants".... Thomas Jefferson

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".... Thomas Jefferson

For a non +p round, I go for heavy lead, 158 grn SJSP are my favorite. Something like this: https://www.luckygunner.com/38-speci...magtech-38c-50
    NRA Benefactor

They no longer allow lead at most of our ranges. My wife rarely practices or goes to the range so I want her to shoot what she carries when she does shoot.

It's messed me up on a lot of my guns that I preferred lead on. Especially 45 Colt.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan