Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New CW380 guidance welcome

Default New CW380 guidance welcome

Hey guys,

Finally picked up a CW380 and I must say I am so far impressed (haven’t shot it yet haha). During my research before buying I read that these guys can be a real pain out of the box especially with certain rounds.

I happened to have some problematic Perfecta around and thought I’d try to chamber a round. Obviously it hung up on the extractor. I’m basically looking for advice on how to make sure this thing runs tip top at the range. Obviously I will be buying more quality ammo but it would be nice to also be able to throw some cheap rounds down range occasionally. Does Kahr sell upgraded extractors? Any advice would be great.

Sorry if this has been beaten into the ground on here. New to the forum, still finding my way around. Thanks guys

Here's a thread on it. I'd advise to get a box of some good ammo first and shoot it to loosen it up and then ho for it.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...tery-on-CW-380

I was fortunate that mine would even chamber a round hand racking it out of the box. My CW45 is the only other one that I could do that with. It's all the extractor clearance and extractor spring tension balance.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    Hey guys,

Finally picked up a CW380 and I must say I am so far impressed (haven’t shot it yet haha). During my research before buying I read that these guys can be a real pain out of the box especially with certain rounds.

I happened to have some problematic Perfecta around and thought I’d try to chamber a round. Obviously it hung up on the extractor. I’m basically looking for advice on how to make sure this thing runs tip top at the range. Obviously I will be buying more quality ammo but it would be nice to also be able to throw some cheap rounds down range occasionally. Does Kahr sell upgraded extractors? Any advice would be great.

Sorry if this has been beaten into the ground on here. New to the forum, still finding my way around. Thanks guys
    If you have an extractor related problem, Kahr will ugrade the extractor as a warranty repair.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I have now tried several types of 380. None of them will chamber without being hung up. Haven’t made it through a full mag yet. Should I just call Kahr?

Just to clarify....

Are you using the slide stop/release to chamber the first round?

Are you actually shooting it, and the next round won't feed?

If the answer is yes to these 2 questions, I'd absolutely call Kahr.

If they want you to run 200 rounds through it before they'll fix it, ask how you're supposed to do that if the rounds won't chamber.....

Go to the New Member Forum and read the thread Proper prep of a new Kahr. I also did some polishing on everything that slides, glides or rubs with some 1000 wet or dry. Polishied though it was very smooth with a dremel and jewelers rouge. I have had no problem of any kind since I did this. Get it running and you will love it. Great pocket carry. Good luck and report back so we know how things worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Just to clarify....

Are you using the slide stop/release to chamber the first round?

Are you actually shooting it, and the next round won't feed?

If the answer is yes to these 2 questions, I'd absolutely call Kahr.

If they want you to run 200 rounds through it before they'll fix it, ask how you're supposed to do that if the rounds won't chamber.....
    Definitely using the slide stop/release and I was actually shooting it with the issues.

I'd call them if it just won't work. When they give you an RMA # politely ask if they can email you a Fedex label and they should send you one in 24 hours or so. Return at no cost to you.

You're going to like it once its up and running.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I'd call them if it just won't work. When they give you an RMA # politely ask if they can email you a Fedex label and they should send you one in 24 hours or so. Return at no cost to you.

You're going to like it once its up and running.
    I’m ok with the kinks being worked out by them. I know this will be a great fun once it’s been refined. I really would hope they would cover the shipping.

Also, do you just ship it back in the Kahr box?