Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New CW380 guidance welcome

I think I used a plain non-marked box when I had to send my CW45 back. They'll want the gun and the magazine.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    Also, do you just ship it back in the Kahr box?
    I put everything in the Kahr box, bring it to my local FedEx and put it into one of their standard boxes; medium I think. If you have a smartphone, they can scan the barcode on Kahrs email and print the label. Done.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

I’m gonna try a few more things before I call them. I saw the extravor reshape online but I don’t think I will go that far at all.

I was only trying perfects and fiochi so I’m guessing that’s the main problem. I threw in some snap caps and it chambered those beaitifully. I’m going to buy some better ammo this weekend and see how it actually does. I will also be giving it a crazy good cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    I was only trying perfects and fiochi so I’m guessing that’s the main problem.
    There's your problem.

I'm halfway done breaking in my new P380. Using Blazer Brass ammo, it has performed flawlessly.

It wouldn't chamber Perfecta from the beginning, and it still doesn't now.

I (and you) have 2 choices:

1 - Send it back to Kahr to have the extractor "updated", or do it myself if I want to run that out of SAAMI spec ammo in it.

2 - Don't use that ammo.

Your call.....

FWIW, Kahr recommends using domestic made ammo in their firearms. Fiocchi/Perfecta is made in Italy, or in some cases made here using foreign components.

I don't expect Kahr to fix a problem caused by ammo they don't recommend...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    There's your problem.

I'm halfway done breaking in my new P380. Using Blazer Brass ammo, it has performed flawlessly.

It wouldn't chamber Perfecta from the beginning, and it still doesn't now.

I (and you) have 2 choices:

1 - Send it back to Kahr to have the extractor "updated", or do it myself if I want to run that out of SAAMI spec ammo in it.

2 - Don't use that ammo.

Your call.....

FWIW, Kahr recommends using domestic made ammo in their firearms. Fiocchi/Perfecta is made in Italy, or in some cases made here using foreign components.

I don't expect Kahr to fix a problem caused by ammo they don't recommend...

i think I’ll pick up some quality ammo and run the hell out of it and see where it stands after that. No need to send it back because of bad ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Go to the New Member Forum and read the thread Proper prep of a new Kahr. I also did some polishing on everything that slides, glides or rubs with some 1000 wet or dry. Polishied though it was very smooth with a dremel and jewelers rouge. I have had no problem of any kind since I did this. Get it running and you will love it. Great pocket carry. Good luck and report back so we know how things worked out for you.
    Not to get off the subject but my Dillon 550B was having primer feeding problems of every sort and I did the same thing. Polished the rough area, etc. Any mass produced machinery ie gun, etc is subject to problems.

A local gun shop has a CW380 for sale at a very attractive price. I was thinking about getting it as a spare to my P380, but then I decided I didn't want to spend another year or two and thousands of rounds of ammo troubleshooting it like I did with my P380. When the day finally comes when Kahr wakes up and fixes all these problems on the assembly line I'll consider buying another one.

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    A local gun shop has a CW380 for sale at a very attractive price. I was thinking about getting it as a spare to my P380, but then I decided I didn't want to spend another year or two and thousands of rounds of ammo troubleshooting it like I did with my P380. When the day finally comes when Kahr wakes up and fixes all these problems on the assembly line I'll consider buying another one.
    If the price is that good, imo you're depriving yourself.

Here's the logic - You have nothing to lose. You don't need to depend on the new cw380 since your p380 is running fine.

You can take the new one to the range, for break in and practice, and leave your p380 clean. As far as shooting and handling, they're identical. You're not wasting ammo since you'd be shooting anyway. If it doesn't have a problem, you're good to go. If the cw380 experiences problems related to the extractor, you send it in on their dime, get it upgraded. (This time, I'd do it sooner rather than later because you'll be able to tell its not a "break-in" issue.) If the repair takes awhile, so what? Again you've got the p380 to carry in the meantime.

Once you get it working right you'll have a great gun to rotate with the p380 and something to use if you ever have to send the p380 in for repairs again. All at a price you probably won't see again after the current crop with questionable extractors works its way out of the market.

That was my logic anyway when I bought #2 over the summer at a great price. I had had to send it in, but its worked out really well and now I have 2 I can depend on.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    Chicken.

If ANYBODY can get a CW380 to run right, it's you.

Buy a new extractor for it. Round off the bottom edge of the extractor claw, and sand off 5 thousandths from the inside of the extractor lug.

With your finely honed disassembly skills, that's about 15 minutes worth of work.

It'd take longer to box it up to send it in for the extractor update. Really - it's very easy to do.